Ronny Jordan - A brighter day

Posted by: Rico on 03 August 2000

Anyone heard this? Is it any good? Or is it just totally commercial bol**x?

Rico - musichead

Posted on: 03 August 2000 by Geoff C
I've heard one track off a Blue Note sampler
which was in my view very good, but not sure about the rest of the CD. Could be worth checking out.

Geoff

Posted on: 04 August 2000 by Geoff C
Ronny seems to have fallen foul of the usual record company pressure to produce 'commercial' cds. Some of his output is sub standard and some interesting for this reason. I agree the first CD is probably the best so far. BTW, I have a twelve inch single which I purchased for the non album B side which is an amazing instrumental version of 'Favourite Things'- the Julie Andrews song!

Geoff

Posted on: 04 August 2000 by Rico
thanks for the responses, guys. I have The Antidote, which I enjoyed very much. haven't heard anything since, though.

I think Stanley Jordan sorta went the same way - his early stuff was fresh and exciting, but later stuff seemed heavily influenced by record company influences - or at least what I assume to be such influences.

Rico - musichead

ricomuzik@hotmail.com

Posted on: 10 August 2000 by Frank Abela
I like The Antidote and The Quiet Revolution. I'm not so enamoured of the album with DJ Krush, but it's OK. But I think this latest album is my favourite of his - it gets more plays than the others.

Regards,
Frank.