Wallmount for Nsats

Posted by: Nick_S on 22 February 2005

A couple of questions about NSats (I'm interested in 2-channel HiFi use). Is there a picture of the wallmount bracket for the NSats loudspeaker anywhere? Are these wallmounts available yet? and how does the sound of the loudspeaker on these compare to the rather flimsy looking stand.

Nick
Posted on: 22 February 2005 by Adam Meredith
"the rather flimsy looking stand" is rather clever (as you might have expected) and isolates the speaker from the stand. These stands positively add to the sound quality available - have a look and listen.
The wall brackets are in prototype stage - I have had many enquiries and will be taking an active interest in their production - not for a while though.
Posted on: 22 February 2005 by hungryhalibut
Nick

The stand is actually incredibly solid and stable - it just looks flimsy from a distance.

Nigel
Posted on: 23 February 2005 by Nick_S
Okay, 'flimsy looking stand' in the aesthetic sense. No doubt Naim have done their homework regarding its functionality.

Nick
Posted on: 28 February 2005 by andy c
The wall mount is not yet available - I need these before purchase of a pair of N-sats as rears, so Naim need to get their finger out! LOL

andy c!
Posted on: 01 March 2005 by Adrian F.
Is there also a wallmount for the bigger Axess center in developpement? Or how did you mount your Axess? 3rd party product?

I have no center speaker yet, but the spare NAPV175 channel is waiting to get some exercise...

Thanks Adrian
Posted on: 02 March 2005 by Frank Abela
Adam

I hope the wallmounts will have the same system of speaker isolation as the stands. This seems to really work well.

Nick, those stands may look dainty, but they're quite hefty when you pick them up - certainly heftier than expected. If I had one gripe to make about the stands it would be the fact that you need 4 allen keys for all the bits, otherwise, they're great, especially as you can train cable behind them.
Posted on: 02 March 2005 by Adam Meredith
I have now seen the design for the wall brackets - it, as one might assume, incorporates the mounting system from the nSTANDS.

They do not allow for multiple angling, being designed to support the speakers at a right angle to the mounting surface. I.e. no hinges.
Posted on: 02 March 2005 by andy c
quote:
They do not allow for multiple angling, being designed to support the speakers at a right angle to the mounting surface. I.e. no hinges.

So, they don't pivot up/down or left/right on the mounting at all? Thats not good for where i can mount them etc if thats the case...

andy c!
Posted on: 03 March 2005 by Nick_S
Any chance of an image of the prototype wallmount?

Nick
Posted on: 24 March 2005 by Nick_S
I can't access the reply button in the picture thread about the wallmounts.

A quick comment that I think they appear ideal for two channel stereo use --- very neat. For those who wish to change the angle relative to the wall, some example drawings of how to add wedges etc., would probably be helpful.

Nick