Morcheeba - Fragments of Freedom

Posted by: Rico on 16 August 2000

anyone heard this? What's the deal, should we add it to the collection amongst it's sister albums 'Who can you trust' and 'Big Calm' ?

Large expanded answers on used pizza cartons (let's be green here!); short answers on the usual postcard. Please.

Rico - musichead

ricomuzik@hotmail.com

Posted on: 17 August 2000 by Kevin Hughes
I don't rate it as good as the previous albums, they have changed style a bit and are less intresting to me now.

It is worth pointing out that this is one of the best sounding records I own. It is well recorded and well pressed, and quite short at 40 mins or so. But instead of pressing a single album they made it a double, this has resulted in a huge sound with massive bass lines. Don't know what the CD is like.

Kevin.

Posted on: 17 August 2000 by Andrew L. Weekes
I like it, but would rate Big Calm much higher.

The album has a happier and more modern (pop) feel to it.

I particularly like the steel drum, playing in a blues style, on 'A well deserved break' - apparently some guy they found busking, and dragged into the studio.

There's a little too much of a hip-hop / rap style to a lot of the songs for my taste, but they are well constructed and worth listening to.

There's not a huge amount of depth, but I'd say it was a worthwhile buy for Morcheeba fans.

Andy.

Andrew L. Weekes
alweekes@audiophile.com

Posted on: 22 August 2000 by Trevor Warwick

I don't think it's as inventive or varied as Big Calm. It's still pleasant enough to listen to, but there's no real stand-out track for me.

Trevor