Used vinyl & good beer in Toronto?

Posted by: Edot on 30 November 2000

I'll be heading there in a couple of days. Any suggestions on where to look for used vinyl? I'm mainly interested in classical.

Any opinions on what's the best beer/brewpub in town?

Posted on: 01 December 2000 by Mike Hanson
Well, I've only recently acquired a turntable (a Planar 3, but not cartridge yet), and it won't be setup until I purchase and move into my house, so I'm not a real expert on vinyl sources. Also, a few of the purportedly good shops have closed down over the last year or so. It's always worth taking a walk along the south side Queen street, between University and Spadina. There are two or three stores along there, but I don't know how cheap their vinyl pricing is; their used CD's are the standard $10, if that's any indication.

As far as a brewing pub goes, my favourite micro brewery is Growler's, on Victoria just south of Richmond (two blocks from Yonge & Queen). I'm not a real beer connoisseur; wines, ports and sherries are much more my thing. If you go to Growler's, though, make sure you try their wheat beer.

There is one other place that I've been told is very good, but I can't recall the name at the moment. I'll ask my wife, who's a little more up on these things, and post the message later today.

BTW, I hope this gets to you in time for your trip. Sorry it took so long, but I've been busy lately and haven't been able to check the forum very often. Catch you later!

-=> Mike Hanson <=-

Smilies do not a forum make.