NAP 500 review

Posted by: NAIM-Collector on 27 September 2000

Martin Colloms has published a very extensive review of the NAP 500.
This article is five pages. I would be interested in the general reader response, this is not a rave review.

Posted on: 27 September 2000 by BrianD
I remember a recent thread concerning a review of the 102/180 (I think). This wasn’t a good review either. Just the other day I spotted a picture of the Naim CD5 on the front of HI-FI Choice. I didn’t buy the magazine and I didn’t stop for a ‘free read’. Just not interested, but I used to be. I’ve read all of the UK Hi-Fi magazines over the years. In the end, I’ve concluded that they are of virtually no worth to me at all.

My view is that I don’t see why people are at all concerned with reviews, whether good or bad. I have never read a review yet which persuaded me to buy or not to buy a certain product, so I just can’t get excited about what they have to say. I’m more concerned with what I think of a particular piece of equipment. For me to be interested in what other people think of hi-fi products I have to believe that they share similar tastes to my own. This is why I am interested in what people have to say on this forum, not what people write in magazines.

Brian
Nap500 Errrr….I’d love one.

[This message was edited by Bri on WEDNESDAY 27 September 2000 at 20:00.]