Larvardin Amps, really that good ?

Posted by: hifidaddy on 30 August 2000

I read on the Lavardin site http://www.lavardin.com, that Paul Messenger actually prefers Lavardin amplification to Naim amplification now. There are some remarks in Hifiplus and also in What Hifi about it.

Did anybody else compare Naim and Lavardin side by side ?

regards,
Hartmut

funny that as Doug Naim UK sales manager says he saw the kit at Paul's all out of commision, Paul currently enjoying life with a 500.

[This message was edited by Paul Stephenson on WEDNESDAY 30 August 2000 at 14:49.]

Posted on: 30 August 2000 by Mick P
Mr PS

Thats what I like to see........take no prisoners, ever thought of becoming a Buyer.

Yours in admiration

Mick

Posted on: 30 August 2000 by John Channing
The review is actually over 18 months old and from the reviews I have seen from Mr Messenger since then he is still using Naim. Can't wait to hear what he has to say about the 500 c.f. the Mana Steath!
Posted on: 30 August 2000 by Tomas Östlund
quote:
funny that as Doug Naim UK sales manager says he saw the kit at Paul's all out of commision, Paul currently enjoying life with a 500.

The fact that Paul prefers Naim's 6 - times as expensive top of the line kit does not answer the question in my book.

Tomas

Posted on: 31 August 2000 by Doug Graham
Other people can make good amps, Paul Messenger was exercising choice. Why would you use an inferior amp when a better one is available to you regardless of price ? I know that Paul enjoyed using the Larvardin and was very complimentary towards it. So, where's the beef !