Montreal, Canada

Posted by: samo7 on 23 December 2000

I am planning a trip to Montreal early in the New Year and would like to know if there are any stores which sell new or used vinyl. (preferably new)...thanx, Mike
Posted on: 23 December 2000 by samo7
Is there a decent mail order in canada for new vinyl??
Posted on: 24 December 2000 by Andrew Randle
I went to Montreal a couple of months ago and only found CDs.

Most of the music shops I went to are down the main high street. There's a previous thread on music in Montreal where I got some helpful advice. There was also a list of websites relating to music in Montreal that you may find most useful.

I must say that the main high street in Montreal does have a strange mixture of establishments... you'll see what I mean when you get there big grin

Andrew

Andrew Randle
2B || !2B;
4 ^ = ?;

Posted on: 27 December 2000 by Tristram
Samo. Try Sam the Record Man (Sams) on St. Catherine Street. If anything they will know where to go. Most likely the type of shops you are seeking will be nearby. tw
Posted on: 02 January 2001 by John Schmidt
Mike,

If you couldn't find the thread that Andrew referred to, this link, http://home.ican.net/~chipple/mtlcd/indexe.html, is a map of record shops in the downtown area,including the nearest Metro stops. Note, however, that the list does not contain the flagship stores of the three largest retailers: HMV (Peel Metro), Sam's (between McGill and Place des Arts Metros) and Archambault (Berri-UQAM Metro). If you're walking, they are all on Ste-Catherine St.

Cheers,

John Schmidt
"90% of everything is crud" - Theodore Sturgeon