fOURPLAY

Posted by: P on 12 October 2000

Anyone out there into their new one -Yes please?

What is it they're saying at the end of Robobop?

Sex bomb?

Going to see em on Nov 5th - cant wait - Carlton is more of a God than Clapton.

regards P.

Posted on: 17 October 2000 by P
I think it's "Terpsi - chore!"

Yours catatonic - PR

Posted on: 20 October 2000 by Frank Abela
Where are they playing???

Regards,
Frank.

Posted on: 20 October 2000 by Tony Storey
Yes, I am into this and listening to it a lot lately (thanks Frank for bringing this to the forum session at Hammersmith. Its really superb. The musicianship on this is truely outstanding. I am a long time Larry Carlton fan and got loads of his stuff and his performance on here is way up with his best. However for me it is the performance of Nathan East on Bass that stands out... he is a fantastic bass gutarist and always turns out top class performances, but he really excells himself on this... Highly recommended.

What are they saying at the end.. well there is all sorts going on in the background - someone seems to be "humming" in a very deep voice - sort of mimicing the bass guitar lick so it could be Nathan East droning on, but the voice on my system sounds something like "chase me"...?

The overall quality of the sound and recording is excellent - very smooth and well balanced so you can pick the arrangements apart... big recommendation for this....

Tony

Posted on: 20 October 2000 by Frank Abela
Tony

Although I'd like to take the credit I didn't bring along the Fourplay album (which was a best of I believe). not only that but I didn't choose the track to play - that was Graeme Cree (or GRC as he likes to call himself nowadays...)

Regards,
Frank.

Posted on: 20 October 2000 by P
Frank - Tour Dates in UK

Nov 2 - Manchester

Nov 3 - Coventry

Nov 4 - London - Festival Hall

Nov 5 - Poole Arts Centre

For the rest of their European Dates check out their site @ www.fourplayjazz.com

Regards P.

Posted on: 03 November 2000 by P
Anybody out there oop north bin to see these guys yet?

Comments pleez

Re p.