CD5 Delivery times

Posted by: Simon Jenkins on 29 August 2000

Anybody else out there been waiting a long time for their CD5 or any other series 5 components.

Been waiting 7 weeks so far and still no sign, even counting the summer shutdown this is still a bit excessive.

I would have hoped that Naim would have ironed out any production problems prior to launching a new product.

Perhaps it's just a cunning plan to get people to but the CDX instead!

Simon

Posted on: 29 August 2000 by Todd A
Yes. I've been waiting about 9 weeks - I ordered a Nait 5 from my dealer in late June. This is an extremely long delay. I'm quite unhappy.

I did hear the new gear about a month to a month and a half ago, and, well, I am willing to wait. I certainly hope it arrives soon. My last update was "before the end of August" but that doesn't look like it'll happen.

Posted on: 29 August 2000 by Paul Stephenson
Plaese contact your dealer as things should have improved but we have been under pressure to deliver demo models world wide. Sorry for the delay, I am sure you will find the CD5 worth waiting for.
Posted on: 29 August 2000 by Paul Stephenson
1st demo goods went to the States last week. Your dealer will have up-dated info for you.
Posted on: 29 August 2000 by Simon Jenkins
Checked with my dealer today. No joy, they called Naim while I was standing in the shop. The response to a plea was that maybe there would be one available this week, maybe next, maybe the week after.

Unfortunatly Naim seem to be consistently giving the same answer, as 3 weeks ago , again whilst I was in the shop, Naim said it would arrive in 3 weeks.

After the dem I agree that the CD5 is worth waiting for, but if it does not arrive soon I may well cancel the order and spend the money on something entirely different, such as a thousand pounds worth of vinyl.

Simon