Melanie...

Posted by: Top Cat on 22 January 2001

Quick question, need a quick answer.

I'm negotiating buying a colleague's record collection - it's fairly small, runs to around 30 albums. He wants to sell it in one lot, and the price isn't too bad.

thing is...

Included in that amount are six or seven albums by a singer called Melanie. I've never heard her, but a little red light started flashing in the back of my head when I saw that name. Any comments? What style of music, any good, etc.?

All vinyl is apparently in VG+ to M- condition, and thirty albums for seventy quid isn't bad (or should I try to bump him down a bit?)

John

Posted on: 22 January 2001 by Top Cat
...the rest of the collection is stuff like Chuck Berry, Peter Frampton, Emmylou Harris, Joe Walsh and Bad Company. I think I have none of the 30 or so albums.

John

Posted on: 22 January 2001 by Matthew T
John,

You can find out a bit more on AMG.

http://allmusic.com

She is listed.

Matthew

Posted on: 22 January 2001 by bob atherton
I've got a copy of 'Candles In The Rain' from 1970. Nice, sweet, mellow, hippyish kind of thing. Takes me back.....

bob.a

Posted on: 22 January 2001 by Top Cat
...we settled on £65 for the lot, and it turns out that the guy lives right around the corner from me so no hassle to pick them up either!

I only wish I could find the magical monster record collection for pennies... <dreams>

John