WARNING: CONTAINS UNABASHED, SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION. CONSULT A PHYSICIAN IF SYMPTOMS PERSIST.

Posted by: fred simon on 10 October 2000

I realize that many of you don't live in the USA, but for anyone who does, or anyone visiting in the next couple of weeks, I thought I'd take this opportunity to invite one and all down to our record release party/gig and/or two gigs following that. Please come help celebrate my new Naim release, DREAMHOUSE. And for anybody actually visiting from abroad, the beer is on me. Hope to see several hundred of you there.

FRED SIMON TRIO * RECORD RELEASE PARTY

Fred Simon - piano, composer
Kelly Sill - bass
Sarah Allen - drums

Wednesday, October 11, 2000 * 9:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m.
The Green Mill
4802 N. Broadway, Chicago - for information: (773) 878.5552

The trio will also be playing the following gigs:

Thursday, October 19, 2000 * 8:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Pop's For Champagne * 2934 N. Sheffield, Chicago * for information (773) 472.1000

Saturday, October 21, 2000 * 8:30 p.m. - 12:30 a.m.
Pop's Highwood * 214 Greenbay Road, Highwood, IL * for information (847) 266.1313

WHAT'S SO FUNNY 'BOUT PEACE, LOVE, AND UNDERSTANDING?

Posted on: 11 October 2000 by Stewart Cooper
Fred,

Any west coast gigs planned?

Stewart

Posted on: 11 October 2000 by Pete
a note of support concerning the CD. Got it last week and it's really jolly fab and has been gracing the cd3 more than anything else the last few days.

Pete.

Posted on: 11 October 2000 by fred simon
No West Coast gigs planned as of now, but I'm always willing to go wherever they'll have me, logistics willing. I used to play up and down the whole West Coast a lot in "the old days," 1977-1985 with my band Simon and Bard Group. I even lived in San Francisco in 1973, and lots of friends and relatives out there.

Pete, so glad you're digging the record, very gratifying. Thanks.

Posted on: 12 October 2000 by fred simon
You should have been there, Jonathan, it was a groove. And you could have had a couple of beers on me.

But anyway, very glad you're digging Dreamhouse so much ... after all, that's why I do it. Thanks for the kind words.

Posted on: 11 November 2000 by Bob Edwards
Fred--

Tried to pick Dreamhouse up at Twist and Shout, one of Denvers best record stores and they couldn't even find it in their ordering system. I ordered it from my Naim dealer so problem solved, but is it supposed to be available more widely ?

Cheers,

Bob

PS--Lyle Mays album is spectacularly good !Ï

Posted on: 17 November 2000 by fred simon
quote:
Fred--
Tried to pick Dreamhouse up at Twist and Shout, one of Denvers best record stores and they couldn't even find it in their ordering system. I ordered it from my Naim dealer so problem solved, but is it supposed to be available more widely ?
Cheers,
Bob
PS--Lyle Mays album is spectacularly good!

Bob, I'd be grateful if you forwarded your question to Anna Tooth and Paul Stephenson at sales@naim-uk.com

I suppose it depends on the local distributor, but Denver is a major market so one would think that at least one distributor there would carry it. Thanks for your diligence.

Glad you're digging Lyle's album. Have you tried Oregon In Moscow yet? You'll thank me again!

Fred

[This message was edited by fred simon on FRIDAY 17 November 2000 at 08:15.]