The E-store

Posted by: woodface on 26 January 2001

I attempted to buy 'Fred Simon' - Dreamhouse CD today! The e-store is an absolute nightmare!! I hate to say but, Linns site is so much easier to use even if there is nothing worth buying. Where else can I locate this CD?
Posted on: 26 January 2001 by Martin M
www.amazon.co.uk. They appear to have a shed load of Naim CDs.
Posted on: 26 January 2001 by Pete
naim dealers usually carry a stock of the CDs. The last two still haven't got to Montrose, but Dreamhouse should be generally available.

And Linn have lots that's worth buying. For starters try the Magnificat Spem in Alium (even better IMHO than the Tallis Scholars' recording) and the Tavener/Tears of the Angels. Both are absolutely gorgeous. Amongst the jazz, you could do a lot worse than Spirit of Django or Off Beat.

Pete.

Posted on: 26 January 2001 by woodface
I was being a bit flipant re the above as I do have a couple of the Martin Taylor CD's. In truth though a lot of it is dross. Hugh & Cry anyone?
Posted on: 26 January 2001 by Paul Stephenson
"The e-store is an absolute nightmare!! I hate to say but, Linns site is so much easier to use even if there is"

Which part do you have problems with? we are doing transactions all day long with no reported difficulties.

Posted on: 26 January 2001 by fred simon
I truly appreciate your diligence in hunting down my album, Dreamhouse. Amazon.co.uk does indeed carry it, so if the Naim site doesn't work for you for whatever reason, you can still get it.

And when you do, I hope you really dig it.

Posted on: 29 January 2001 by woodface
Paul, the problems I had with it were twofold. Firstly it is all a bit longwinded and secondly I found the situation with the compulsory fields very confusing. I admit to being a bit of simpleton when it comes to computers and e-commerce. I did buy the CD through Amazon in the end so Fred Simon will be pleased. In fairness the Amazon site wasn't much better but I did manage place an order. Linn's site is very slick in this area, but there is nothing I really want to buy.
Posted on: 29 January 2001 by fred simon
quote:
I did buy the CD through Amazon in the end so Fred Simon will be pleased

Aside from your problems with Naim's e-store, I'm sure they are pleased as well that you at least bought it somewhere.

So please let us know what you think of it after you listen.

Posted on: 30 January 2001 by woodface
I should have it in the next day or so and if the rest of the album is as good as the track on the naim sampler I will be a very happy chappy! I will be more than pleased to let you know what I think once I have had a good listen!
Posted on: 30 January 2001 by Pete
there's certainly plenty on Linn I wouldn't dream of buying. Hue & Cry, Jack Jones are obvious points of reference, but they've got dozens of releases, so how much of that is really dross? Have you listened to any of the early music stuff, for example (it does attract very good reviews on the whole)?

I don't think you'll find [m]any labels with that many releases and a 100% hit rate.

Pete.

Posted on: 07 February 2001 by Uwe Supper
Personally I would certainly recommend the Robert Burns series ; as to Jazz I bought recently some Claire Martin CDs and was more than pleased (both, music and quality).
Cheers
Uwe
Posted on: 07 February 2001 by fred simon
quote:
Personally I would certainly recommend the Robert Burns series

Ah, yes ... his famous jazz interpretations of Auld Lang Syne, Tam O'Shanter and Comin' Thro' the Rye.

Actually, that might kind of cool.