Cheap CD's

Posted by: Andrew L. Weekes on 06 November 2000

Audiostreet (www.audiostreet.co.uk) have a sale page, offering a number of CD's at £5.99 ea.

They are mainly older ones, and some are digitally re-murdered, but the Led Zep ones I've ordered seem to have survived the process better than many I've heard. Maybe because Jimmy Page was involved in the process?

At least I now have the convenience of CD in addition to my vinyl copies.

There's a 'hidden' third page - just click on the £5.99 sale logo at the top right of the pages.

Andy.

Andrew L. Weekes
alweekes@audiophile.com

Posted on: 06 November 2000 by calum scott
just had a look at CD-WOW.COM. Mostly chart type Cds but at £8.99 inc. postage the prices are hard to beat.

happy shopping

Calum

Posted on: 06 November 2000 by Todd A
Try http://www.broinc.com - Berkshire Record Outlet.

It's in the US, but they ship internationally. It's a clearing house for CDs, and they have many recently deleted items and other low sellers for as little as $2 US. I believe they have about 12000 titles. I've only done one purchase but I will be back.

Posted on: 13 November 2000 by Rico
one outa two ain't bad! Arrived within 3 days, through my mailbox via Royal Mail, and landed intact. Clear concise packing note advising one item backordered. Colour me impressed!

So only two outstanding items: 1 CD, and successful charging to my CC account - will have to wait for next statement to check.

Rico - musichead

Posted on: 27 November 2000 by Uwe Supper
Hi folks,
I am more than sure that the question has been answered on the old forum, but here it goes: what happens in terms of taxes when ordering from one of the web-sites mentionend here or from Amazon (US)? Oh, I should add that I live in France.
It is especially the tax question that bothers me, since I got charged for the first time last week another 4 pounds for ONE CD I had ordered in the US! That makes it quite expensive. Thanks for your help!
Cheers
Uwe