SBL damaged tweeter -HELP

Posted by: John on 25 August 2000

My 1 year old son pushed in the circular dome on the tweeter on my SBL. I notice a slight imbalance in the sound. I assume this is fixable but hope the tweeter doesn't have to be completely replaced. Has anyone had to deal with a similar problem?? Any adive on how to fix it? Is it something I can replace??

Anybody found a way to child proof the SBLs?

John

Posted on: 26 August 2000 by Andrew Randle
What is it about kids and tweeters eh?

The bad news is that the tweeter will have to be replaced, but the good news is that Naim are usually very quick (may take 3 days) to replace the treble unit for you.

I guess the cost will be in the 50-100 pounds ballpark. Contact your dealer and Naim directly this morning.

Andrew

Andrew Randle
2B || !2B;
4 ^ = ?;

Posted on: 26 August 2000 by Paul Stephenson
It could be bad news.... but that is only the dust cover, it does depend how much force etc..try the vacuum cleaner, full suction, do not let the neighbors see you. Tape or the most used is full lip contact, then suck.
If all this fails you will need a PAIR of tweeters. They are matched.
Posted on: 26 August 2000 by Naheed
Andrew, email me naheed@saddique.net i may be able to help you out...

naheed...

Posted on: 26 August 2000 by John
For your information my dealer suggested giving my tweeter a BJ. My wife is very jealous because I am now having sex with wife #2.

But it worked the circular done is a very fexible plasitic.

Thanks again
John

Posted on: 11 September 2000 by Ian P
I used a "vac-u-vin" (those things that seal half drunk wine bottles) on a pair of similarly mis-treated Arcam speakers to good effect (worked by putting the rubber cork over the tweeter, and gently pulling the device which fits over the "cork").

CHEERS !
Ian