Record out on an 82

Posted by: John on 27 August 2000

I must be stupid, I can't figure out how to record out on my 82. The instruction book doesn't talk about to do this other than talking about the record buttons on the front panel. I have a DIN, RCA converter and have tried plugging it in the input outlets that I am not using. I press the red button on that function but nothing works. I assume this is correct as the output connectors seem to be for Hicap and Supercap connections only. Is there something I am missing???

John

Posted on: 27 August 2000 by Ron Toolsie
It sounds like you simply need a DIN-4RCA cable. Using a standard RCA cable with a DIN converter will NOT work, as the pins converted are only for the source input from the tape player to the 82, which allows you to PLAY a tape through the 82. The two DIN pins that carry the signal FROM the 82 TO the tape deck are not engaged and no signal is available for your tapedeck to record.
Not all 'outputs' on the 82 are record/play ones... only #5 and #6. Get the right cable, plug it into the right socket and you are up and recording.

Ron
Dum spiro audio
Dum audio vivo

http://homepages.go.com/~rontoolsie/index1.html

Posted on: 28 August 2000 by Eric Barry
If you need such a cable on the cheap and sound quality isn't too much an issue, Markertek has them for $6 or $7.

--Eric