Christmas just arrived for me...

Posted by: Steve2701 on 11 December 2004

In the shape of a DVD5.

As close as is possible to ten months to the day from placing the order.. & yes.. I have a huge smile on my face.

You will have read all of the superlatives before, so I wont bore with you with any more, I will just re-iterate what someone before has said.. ' I don't know what Naim do with their 1's & 0's, but they do it SIGNIFICANTLY better than anyone has before'

This little beauty is brilliant.

Well done Naim for the DVD5!
Posted on: 11 December 2004 by SimonJ
Can I come round to play!!

Big Grin
Posted on: 12 December 2004 by neil w
how much
Posted on: 21 December 2004 by AndyMac
Can it play region 1 DVD's?

Andy
Posted on: 22 December 2004 by Steve2701
Andy,
I beleive that Naim are required by law to supply the DVD5's sold in the uk / europe with players enabled for region 2 only. If you want the player to do something other than that I would suggest you speak directly with your dealer.
Posted on: 22 December 2004 by Maria vd K
hi,

have fun

maria
Posted on: 22 December 2004 by SimonJ
quote:
Originally posted by Steve2701:
Andy,
I beleive that Naim are required by law to supply the DVD5's sold in the uk / europe with players enabled for region 2 only. If you want the player to do something other than that I would suggest you speak directly with your dealer.

Is yours Multiregion?!?
Posted on: 22 December 2004 by Geoff P
quote:
I beleive that Naim are required by law to supply the DVD5's sold in the uk / europe with players enabled for region 2 only.

You mean you did'nt ask?

Everybody should ask for their DVD player to be made multiregion when they buy it, and basically nowadays it should be done for free (officially you have to pay for the goods first, so it belongs to you before the dealer does it).

Basically most folks will at some time need other regions than just region 2. If the Naim dealer can't do it then Naim has a problem because every other make can!

In fact for a large chunk of the buying public, myself included, it is pretty much mandatory that a DVD player be made multiregion since they already have Region 1 aswell as Region 2 DVD's. For a long time the only way to get film DVD's which could be played in progressive scan was to buy region 1 NTSC versions, though that is now not necessary anymore since they finally saw sense and agreed to allow PAL progressive aswell.

The DVD5 will not remain on those folks shopping lists if Naim dealers can't set it to multiregion.

regards
GEOFF

"Just trying to make a NAIM for myself"
Posted on: 22 December 2004 by Steve2701
Geoff,
I was trying to point everyone in the direction of asking the dealer... & pointing out that Naim are obliged by law to supply their players as per region designation. What the dealer is then asked to do is up to the owner of the player as you state. Mine is playing ALL of my dvd's without any problems whatsoever thank you!! Winker
The DVD5 should remain on those peoples shopping list that are looking.
Posted on: 22 December 2004 by Geoff P
OK, Thanks Steve

I guess what you are saying is YES the DVD5 can be multiregion. I did'nt think it was a big deal to just come out and say it

Cool

Regards
GEOFF

"Just trying to make a NAIM for myself"
Posted on: 22 December 2004 by JonR
quote:
Originally posted by Steve2701:
In the shape of a DVD5.

As close as is possible to ten months to the day from placing the order.. & yes.. I have a huge smile on my face.

You will have read all of the superlatives before, so I wont bore with you with any more, I will just re-iterate what someone before has said.. ' I don't know what Naim do with their 1's & 0's, but they do it SIGNIFICANTLY better than anyone has before'

This little beauty is brilliant.

Well done Naim for the DVD5!

Have just seen this....

Congratulations, Steve!

You must be the first person on this Forum to have got a DVD5 'officially'!

I'm glad it was worth the wait.

Phew! Smile

Cheers,

JR