Men In Black

Posted by: Bob Edwards on 21 October 2000

Hey all--

Has anyone else tried the Aurios isolation bearings ? I just visited my dealer who demmed them for me under a LP12 and P3. I have now heard a isolation device that substantially improves the music coming out of the table. (We compared it to a Mana Reference table and the 3 little MIB items were notably better--can you believe it ?) They are not cheap at $300 US for 3, but they are stunning at what they do !

Try them out--as always, YMMV.

Cheers,

Bob

Posted on: 21 October 2000 by dave simpson
Hi Bob,

When you tested the bearings, were they between the lp-12 and some type of support table? If so, what brand of support table ?

regards,

dave

Posted on: 21 October 2000 by Arye_Gur
Bob,

I think you put yourself in a dangerous situation.
To claim in this forum that something is better the a Mana table ? I wouldn't dare such a claim....

Arie

Posted on: 21 October 2000 by Bob Edwards
Dave--

Good point--the alternate table was the standard Target 2 shelf turntable stand.

Cheers,

Bob

PS--Further evaluation is obviously needed--I have three at home and will try them futher.?

Posted on: 21 October 2000 by Rico
quote:
Has anyone else tried the Aurios isolation bearings ? I just visited my dealer who demmed them for me under a LP12 and P3.

Wow, Bob. Apart from wanting to hear more about this thing, I'm amazed that you can find a dealer that has an LP12 to dem with! Cool!

Rico - musichead

Posted on: 21 October 2000 by dave simpson
Thanks Bob,

Keep us posted with further thoughts, I'm interested in your impressions.

regards,

dave

Posted on: 21 October 2000 by Bob Edwards
Rico--

Actually, my dealer has 2 LP12s in his expensive dem room--one fully Linned and one fully Naimed, making him one of the only stores in the US who can dem the Geddon vs the Lingo and the Aro v the Ekos. Currently using CDS2/52/500/ProAc R5s--only with the 500 can you hear what ProAc was trying to do with the 5.

Also-before anyone zings me--in a 2 hour demo the MIBs seemed to work even better than the Mana Reference--I have heard stuff like this before where it does not satisfy long term. We shall see !

Cheers,

Bobü