Infopop Pooped out?

Posted by: Arthur Bye on 25 September 2000

Whats with InfoPop? I only seem to get into the Naim Forum about 25% of the time without getting a n "out to lunch" error message.

Do they use 14.4 modems or something?

Maybe they need to be told about T1 lines.

Arthur Bye

Posted on: 25 September 2000 by Bob Edwards
Paul, Mark, et al--

I don't mean to pile on, but I have received the same error message over and over--literally about half the times I try to visit. It does seem to be a problem.

Cheers,

Bob

PS--Arthur--T1's are ancient history--they need something like an OC-3 !

Posted on: 25 September 2000 by Arthur Bye
Just think of it Vuk. If those Kentucky girls sounded all nasty to you, you could straighten them right up by putting them on a properly tuned Mana. You'd hear nothing but sweetness.

Of course, then we'd all have to figure out why.

Arthur Bye

Posted on: 26 September 2000 by Paul Stephenson
INFOPOP carried out some work yesterday which caused some minor problems.They are still working on it. Keep cool.

[This message was edited by Paul Stephenson on TUESDAY 26 September 2000 at 20:34.]

Posted on: 26 September 2000 by Martin Payne
Paul,

it's been bad for at least a week.

cheers, Martin

===================

Edit:- it's still bad tonight! Several very long 'pregnant' pauses. Several 'the forums are unavailable', which should obviously read "we're busy, try again later". I was discussing an e-commerce system with the developer today and he was telling me how he'd arranged for a "sorry the system is out while we perform maintenance" message whenever it was too busy.

[This message was edited by Martin Payne on TUESDAY 26 September 2000 at 20:01.]

Posted on: 26 September 2000 by P
And its still bad tonight!!!!

What is going on?

Regards P.-short attention span and cannot wait a couple of bloody minutes -errr

Posted on: 26 September 2000 by Paul Stephenson
"I think it's fair to say that we've been rather patient for the past month"

I know, I know ,We need your interesting posts Vuk, please accept my apologies. I will Kick some ass as you Americans say, I think....
Read my recent post and the several in "improvements" and you will be up do date.

Posted on: 27 September 2000 by Paul Stephenson
"a country so evil."
Cannot agree on that one, seems we have so much in common!
Posted on: 27 September 2000 by dave simpson
"a country so evil"

Are you going to blame us for "Krell" forever or what?

dave

deep in dixie

Posted on: 27 September 2000 by Andrew Randle
I'm having big problems with infopop now. Tried to post 2 messages and each one has had a "we have an error processing your message" notice. So, I have persistently tried to re-post but to no avail.

Also when I try to read messages it may say that the service is temporarily down and please try again in 2 minutes.

Maybe the server is trying to censor my contributions!!

I'm sorry but I've been very patient, but a bug that is stopping me from posting and have my say is *too much*.

Andrew

Andrew Randle
2B || !2B;
4 ^ = ?;

Posted on: 27 September 2000 by Arthur Bye
Vuk quote:
quote:
I am NOT an American and if I were, I would immediately renounce citizenship of a country so evil.

Be nice Vuk or we'll send Ross Perot up there and buy your country. What'll you do then?

Arthur Bye

Posted on: 28 September 2000 by Andrew Randle
Arthur said: "Be nice Vuk or we'll send Ross Perot up there and buy your country. What'll you do then?"

Remember to shave?

Andrew

Andrew Randle
2B || !2B;
4 ^ = ?;

Posted on: 29 September 2000 by Martin Payne
In the interests of providing debugging information to InfoPop I'm reporting further conference outages.

It has locked me out at around 3:00AM-3:30AM UK time both yesterday (Fri AM) & today (Sat AM).

Martin

Posted on: 30 September 2000 by Paul Stephenson
This afternoon we are upgrading the kernel of the Operating System which
requires a full restart of the servers. We expect downtime to be about 15
minutes beginning at approximately 2 PM PST.

The forums will remain readable from the cache but posting and reply will
not be available for your community .

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The purpose of the
update is to improve stability and prepare for the new Walkabout /6

lATEST UPDATE FROM INFOPOP

Posted on: 30 September 2000 by Martin Payne
Paul (?),

If I read that correctly that's about 6:00AM British Summer Time, and thus should be in place now.

I've just had several more errors. Please ignore this message if I've simply miscalculated the time conversions.

cheers, Martin