Naim/ Neat Acoustics

Posted by: Dean Leroy on 05 October 2000

I was wondering if anyone had experience with Neat speakers at the end of a Naim system. I'm particularly interested in the the Elite or perhaps the Mystique. Any imput would be helpful. Best, Dean
Posted on: 05 October 2000 by Eric Barry
I believe he checks in here and on the Exposure forum (probably more frequently over there) and uses Nait 3/Neat Petites as his reference.
Posted on: 09 October 2000 by Ken Chang
I have Neat Petite on the end of 82/180/2*hicap but not Naim CD. It sound very good for me but sometimes very selective on choices of CD being played and less sensitive on LPs . I used to have LP12/ittok/black and it sound good for me too. COmpared to ES11, neat lose only in area of image focus but win on other thing else.
Posted on: 09 October 2000 by Phil Sparks
I used Neat petite IIs on the end of 32.5/snaps/160. I loved certain things they did - I've never heard more believable voices, really breathe; they boogied q
Posted on: 09 October 2000 by Phil Sparks
I used Neat petite IIs on the end of 32.5/snaps/160. I loved certain things they did - I've never heard more believable voices, they really breathe; they boogied quite well, had suprisingly extended bass for a little box. Minus marks - the extended treble occasionally made me think there was a bit of mid missing, but that's comparing to the kans I used before. Also incomparison to kans the bass was less tight.

They look the business which goes down well with the other half but really serious stands were obligitory (I used slate audio ones which at £450 a go were more than half the cost of the speakers!). Also they were really sensitive to positioning and I'm not sure I ever had them quite right.

I ended up going back to some old kans (stuck on the wall) when our little one developed 'mountaineering' tendancies! Regretably the neats are up for sale - any takers?
Phil