Hyperthetical

Posted by: Tony Lockhart on 10 September 2000

Just a hyperthetical question. Last year before leaving Saudi I shared a villa with a friend who had a similar system to mine. We mixed and matched to end up with CDX 102 hi-cap NAPSC 180 and SBLs. This left us with a spare 180. Could we have attatched both 180s as in 135s?

Tony

Posted on: 10 September 2000 by Bob Edwards
Tony--

Short answer is that yes, you COULD do it. Longer answer is to ask whether or not it would make things any better--I don't know since I have not tried it. 2x250s used as monoblocks does sound better in some respects than 1x250, so 2x180s might as well.

Cheers,

Bob

Posted on: 10 September 2000 by Tony Lockhart
So sorry Ross. But if your typing was as slow as mine and your ISP(Freeserve) disconnected you every 2 mins with a connection speed of 14400 bps you'd probably make the odd mistake too. If you have nothing to add, say nothing.
Tony
Posted on: 11 September 2000 by Stewart Cooper
Ross,

Tony's reported amplification glut could support his expression couldn't it?

Stewart (glad to be back online {on-line, on line?} but not fond of the new forum's format)

Posted on: 11 September 2000 by Martin Payne
Tony,

but seriously, once you get the screen up that allows you to type your response, let the system kick you off (or even logout manually).

The 'Reply to Topic' page should stay on-screen.

Type at your leisure whilst off-line. When you click the 'Post Now' button it should re-dial automatically.

cheers, Martin

P.S. apologies if I'm teaching my grandmother to suck eggs!

Posted on: 12 September 2000 by Tony Lockhart
Thanks for the advice everyone. Just wish I'd spotted that accidental pun first!
Tony