Hammer time

Posted by: Doug Graham on 14 September 2000

Hey boys Hey girls hear! we go.
There appears to be enough forum members wanting to come to some sort of closed dem at the show for us to justify closing our room to the general public both Sat/Sun @ 4.00-4.30pm. So i guess we could arrange some sort of password along the lines of "I am No6 and am here to see No2" in order for the individual to gain access. Alternatively, you could just make yourself known.
Whaddyathink?

Please feel free to bring some of your favourite silver discs. Would love the input.

Later

Doug

Posted on: 14 September 2000 by John Channing
Why not just reply to your message to get on the VIP guest list?
Posted on: 14 September 2000 by Frank Abela
Dougie,

I must admit that in the last couple of years, I have looked around at the shows to see if I might recognise people with whom I have 'conversed' on this forum. This way we could all really say 'hello' as well (if I'm allowed in of course).

Regards,
Frank.

Posted on: 14 September 2000 by Rico
Whilst I must cry "I am not a number", I suspect numbers would be better.

After all, everyone wants to be Mick Parry - we all saw that in the poll in a recent thread, eh! You need a number to differentiate between all the Micks.

best

Rico - musichead

ricomuzik@hotmail.com

Posted on: 14 September 2000 by Doug Graham
Frankie boy,
Of course you'll be"allowed in" heavens the show could not go on without you.

Doug

Posted on: 15 September 2000 by Graeme Cree
OK guys - put me down for whatever name / number works for you.

Look forward to introducig some of you to proper music

See y'all.

Graeme

Posted on: 15 September 2000 by Kevin Hughes
Doug,

Why not just print of a list of all 'members' (but not junior 'members' or registered lurkers, oh no we don't want to be talking to those sort of people) and take that along, if you are on the list you get in. Simple?

Kevin.

Posted on: 15 September 2000 by Doug Graham
Kevin,
I'm taking a list of those of you who expressed a wish to attend the "forum members dem". You will all be suitably ticked off the list !
Of course, if there is a poor attendance from the "members" we'll just have to run the room as normal.

Later

Doug

Posted on: 15 September 2000 by Tony L
quote:
Why not just print of a list of all 'members' (but not junior 'members' or registered lurkers, oh no we don't want to be talking to those sort of people) and take that along, if you are on the list you get in. Simple?

I'm bringing a Naim using lurker with me (Roger S).

Tony.

Posted on: 17 September 2000 by Martin Payne
Password suggestion - everyone who wants to get in has to quote a line from a Monty Python film or sketch.

cheers, Martin

Posted on: 18 September 2000 by Tony Storey
Doug, I would like to attend the private session on Sunday.

Cheers
Tony

PS.. can you bring the 500 I have on order with you!

Posted on: 18 September 2000 by Doug Graham
Tony,
Would love to give you a 500 at the show, but you know I think that your dealer would rather install
it personally. I do believe that we'll be in a position to supply next week but, hey it's a secret!

regards

Doug