Intro vs Intro 2

Posted by: Steven Phee on 06 September 2000

Have just bought a pair of Intro IIs after much deliberation. Liked the Credo, but felt that it was not as price-worthy as the Intro II and was a little out of my budget.

The dealer also had a last pair of 'old' Intros which I decided against. Just to satisfy myself that I made the right choice, could you someone out there tell me the differences between the Intro and Intro II? Dealer simply told me the Intro II is better, but I've heard comments about the Intro II saying that it's basically cost-cutting on Naim's part.... cheaper vifa tweeter, cheaper built-in crossover etc.

cheers,
Steven

Posted on: 06 September 2000 by Steven Phee
Thanks Lewis for the info.

Aww shucks.... I should've then at least tried out the Intro 1s first. Do you know if the cabinet change was merely cosmetic or the type of board used was better, as in credo-spec.

I would anytime rather have better sound than a cosmetic upgrade.

cheers!
Steven

P.S Mark or Paul, any comments to make?

Posted on: 08 September 2000 by Naheed
The Intro 1s are better, especially active !!! with the external x/overs removed...

naheed...

Posted on: 08 September 2000 by Steven Phee
Lewis,

yea, whatever it is the Intro 2s are great value for money. Funny though.... the mid/bass driver connects directly to the amp. The crossover seems to me to be for the tweeter to cut out the LF signals. I guess the HF roll-off of the mid/bass driver is enough so as not to use a crossover.

And as to your suggestion..... hardy har har!!

cheers!
Steven