selling s/h linn and naim

Posted by: davidf on 21 September 2000

can anyone advise me as to what web site is best to sell Linn or Naim equipment ie..ebay, audiogon, etc. I live in New York. I have several pieces of gear to sell(looking to upgrade of course!). thanks. david f.
Posted on: 21 September 2000 by Mike Hanson
Check out these:

www.ebay.com
www.audioweb.com
www.audioshopper.com
www.audiogon.com

Catch you later!

-=> Mike Hanson <=-

Smilies do not a forum make.

Posted on: 21 September 2000 by Naheed
Sell the Linn and buy some Naim (i thought they do a US version of the Loot (freeads paper) ???)...

naheed...

Posted on: 22 September 2000 by Martin Payne
David,

there is an e-mail list which is subscribed to by anyone interested in buying Naim (and similar, e.g. Linn) gear.

In order to subscribe to the 'NaimMarket' mailing list please:-

Create a new, blank e-mail.
Set the destination as 'naimmarket-subscribe@topica.com'.
Set title to 'Subscribe' (do not put the title in quotes).
Enter the word 'Subscribe' as the only text of the e-mail.
Send the e-mail.

From memory, you should receive back an e-mail, which you then need to reply to. Once you've replied this will confirm you wish to join the mailing list. You will probably start receiving e-mails within a day or two.

Of course, you need to send out an advert. Send your advert to 'naimmarket@topica.com' and the server will forward it to everyone who is registered to receive the list.

cheers, Martin

Posted on: 22 September 2000 by Martin Payne
Matt,

the Naim gear can be converted from 115V to 230V by resoldering a couple of connections internally. Two windings on the transformer are used either in series or parallel for the different voltages.

Naim will do this very inexpensively.

cheers, Martin

Posted on: 22 September 2000 by davidf
matt, I sent you a detailed email listing what I am selling my my computer tells me it didn`t go through. Please email me a let me know if you received it- if not I will email you back with the info. david