Theme from eighties C4 Tour de France prog

Posted by: Tim Jones on 10 November 2003

This is driving me nuts. I've tried Google, tried everything. No luck.

Can someone please tell me who recorded the title music for Channel Four's eighties Tour de France programmes? You know the one - with the tune from Frere Jacques towards the end. I don't think it's Kraftwerk - certainly not the usual version of their 'Tour De France'.

There are those who think Pete Shelley (huh?) wrote it, but this seems a bit unlikely.

Tim

PS In the course of my serach I came across this gem of a site: http://www.tv.cream.org/ Try looking up The 'Adventure Game' and 'That's Life'.

[This message was edited by Tim Jones on TUESDAY 11 November 2003 at 00:12.]
Posted on: 11 November 2003 by Tim Jones
Ross -

I have two words for you:

1. Pasta
2. Pasta

Well done. 100 miles is just a whisper away.

Triathlon - bah!

Tim
Posted on: 12 November 2003 by Tim Jones
Richie -

Yes, I am Big Grin

The thing about tri-guys is that:

a) They can't climb hills longer than 1km or steeper than 1 in 20

b) They clearly have a thing about wetsuits.

Tim
Posted on: 12 November 2003 by Tim Jones
Ross -

Can I just say that I'm very, very disappointed in you.

PS Where do you ride and who with?

Colnago Man
Posted on: 13 November 2003 by Tim Jones
Rich -

Depends what time of year. At the moment I'm taking it fairly easy with just one long hilly ride (anywhere between 65 and 100 miles) a week, with two or three shorter (30-40 mile), more intense rides.

On the long days I try to keep the pace deliberately low (HR down around 60% - average around 20mph), while on the shorter rides I stretch my legs a bit more and try to average more around 25mph.

Then as we get into February and March I will try to ride more in preparation for the racing season, doing longer and more intense intervals (a turbo trainer helps with these). I find the more 'base miles' you put in during the winter, and the easier you take it while riding them the better your specific race training is.

Then I hope to start racing in April, target some of the hiller courses (I'm a bit of a climber) and hopefully earn enough points to move from fourth cat (the lowest of the low in the UK) to third.

At the moment I'm riding a Colnago C40 (carbon doesn't rust...), but am saving for a C50.

Tim