The Young Gods

Posted by: Ron The Mon on 01 February 2001

Has anyone heard the new Young Gods record? It is
called Second Nature and came out a few months
ago. I have to special order it to get it on vinyl and it is quite expensive. I have about a dozen of their records (all on vinyl) with the exception of the Kurt Weil album which I don't like. I checked
their website theyounggods.com, and it also says they're touring again in Europe. Anyone seen them with the new drummer? I saw them twice several years ago and they were fantastic live, see them if you get the chance!!

Ron The Mon

Posted on: 02 February 2001 by Simon Jenkins
Ron,

Second Nature is pretty good, not the best YG record but worth owning.

Last time I saw them live was around the time that Only Heaven came out, and was one of the best gigs I have been to.

Hopefully be able to catch them again when they tour this year.

Simon

Posted on: 02 February 2001 by Ron The Mon
Simon,
Thanks for the reply. After you see them live on this tour please post.

Ron The Mon

Posted on: 02 February 2001 by Simon Jenkins
Ron,

Glad you posted, there was no tour dates on the web last time I looked, so just checked again and they are up.

They play in Amsterdam on the 3rd of March, so as I move to Holland next week I will try and catch this gig. If I do then will post some comments.

Let me know what you think of second nature when it arrives. As I said before it's good but probably not their best, but with all the chaos of getting ready to move I've not really had a chance to listen to it properly, just the one quick play.

Simon