Decent Digital Cable?

Posted by: niceguy235uk on 04 May 2005

On imminent arrival of my dvd5 (maybe?) any suggestions on coax digital connection between the player and receiver? Im currently running an Atlas but im sure there must be something better.
Posted on: 04 May 2005 by karyboue
I don't know what you call decent nor what is an Atlas (north-african mountain ? Winker ) but a Naim DC1 is said to be by Naim the best one (don't know yet) and I would say that a Chord Digital Signature is much more than decent.
Posted on: 04 May 2005 by Trevor Bennett
Hi,
I used the Chord Prodac for several years, which is a very good cable, but then i tried the Naim DC1 which is the best i have heard by a long way even against the Chord Signature cable.

Trevor
Posted on: 04 May 2005 by u5227470736789524
Is the DC1 available in the US (don't spy it at NaimUSA). Can it be bought individually or only comes with DVD5 ? How is it terminated ? Cost (preferably US dollars) ?

thanks for any help

Jeff A
Posted on: 04 May 2005 by Manu
DC1 must be purchased separately from the DVD5. It is RCA terminated. For US price, contact your dealer or NANA (it should be around 175-200$).
I've the same experience than Trevor with this cable.
Naim also has component, RGBHV (BNC), subwoofer (RCA/RCA and din4/RCA) cables.
Posted on: 05 May 2005 by u5227470736789524
Thank you
Posted on: 05 May 2005 by niceguy235uk
DC1 it is. Cool
Posted on: 05 May 2005 by David Dever
DC1 costs $225 USD. Will update website later today.
Posted on: 05 May 2005 by Mr Underhill
Just to be different,,,,,

I listened to the DC1 twice - and over a period of days, both between my DVD5 and AV2, and between the DVD5 & DAC - it didn't do a lot for me, in fact I preferred the Prodac.

The cable I ended up buying was the Stereovox HDXV.

Martin
Posted on: 05 May 2005 by niceguy235uk
What were you looking for in the cable Martin?
Posted on: 06 May 2005 by Mr Underhill
Musical involvement.

I use my DVD5 as a transport into the Benchmark DAC1.

I listened to a wide variety of music, including music DVDs with a LPCM soundtrack.

I REALLY wanted the DC1 to blow the compitition away, for me it didn't. I also roped in my daughters who picked the same cable as me - without prompting.

I didn't find the DC1 unpleasant, as I found a 55 pound QED - but enjoyed the prodac more.

It really is worth borrowing the cables and doing a demo in your system.

You can get the Stereovox on sale or return. I got hold of one due to good comments in Hi-Fi+ and, for me, it was better than the prodac - which I found better than the DC1.

Martin