Wife friendly rear speakers with SBLs?

Posted by: mburch on 06 March 2005

Can anyone suggest rear speakers for on wall, preferably in wall, toneally matched use with Naim SBLs Left and Right and an active Linn AV5120 centre?
Posted on: 06 March 2005 by Roy Donaldson
How about a pair of Linn 5110 rear speakers ?
Posted on: 06 March 2005 by mburch
I listened to Uniks this weekend. While loaded with WAF I was underwhelmed by the lack of dynamic range even accounting for their size
Posted on: 09 March 2005 by BLT
I use Uniks as rears and I'm happy with them.
Posted on: 16 March 2005 by gusi
Rega senta looks good, sounds good and is relatively cheap.

Gus
Posted on: 27 March 2005 by mburch
Gus
I am not familiar with Rega speakers but when I looked up Senta it turns out to be a centre speaker. Was this the one you were referring to?
Simon
Posted on: 28 March 2005 by gusi
Simon,

Yes that is the one. Rega also recommends them for rear speakers. At least they did when I got mine a few years ago.

It is a smallish book shelf speaker.

Gus
Posted on: 29 March 2005 by domfjbrown
... Rega Kytes also work well - I got mine off Epay for £62 in summer 2002 - worth every penny although they look a bit stupid on top of the really tall stands I have for them...

BTW - anyone know if a Rega Senta's going to be much of an upgrade over a Paradigm CC170 centre? Bearing in mind my centre speaker's about 18 inches higher than the tweeters on my Elas (there's nothing I can do about that) I figured the minor differences in tonality between the Paradigm/Rega is overshadowed by the difference in height...???
Posted on: 29 March 2005 by gusi
I haven't heard the CC170. The senta was a huge upgrade over the JBL center I used before.

The senta uses the same tweeters as the Jura's. I used mine with my ELAs for quite a while and it sounded fine to me. I ended up with the ELA on the rack so that the tweets ar all roughly the same height.

Gus
Posted on: 31 March 2005 by mburch
I read some time ago that the mid range in the SBL was the same or very similar to those of Polk speakers. Does anyone know if this is true and if so which Polk speaker?