PS audio Perfect Wave Transport (PWT).. looks like HDX?

Posted by: Cjones on 29 September 2008

Anyone see this thing?

While it doesn't have the hard drives and is only a transport, the general function seems to be the same. My understanding is that HDX copies a CD before playing it as well. So does he PWT.
If anything the PWT seems like what a "high-End" HDX would look like.
Posted on: 29 September 2008 by gary1 (US)
Yeah. I have only heard the PS Audo DAC III and not any of the modded units. I did not like the PS Audio DAC at all--killed any sense of music for ME
Posted on: 30 September 2008 by David Dever
If it's any consolation, the PS Audio guys were quite impressed with the servers on the NaimNet booth at CEDIA.

The PWT is not a music server, however.
Posted on: 30 September 2008 by pcstockton
interesting.... although not quite my boat.

The I2S connection is sweet. Uses EAC. I wouldn't throw it out of bed for eating crackers.
Posted on: 01 October 2008 by Manu
I am also distributing PS Audio in Canada.
I have presented the Naimnet products to the PS Audio founder and chief designer during the CEDIA, I can confirm Dave's comment: they were impressed. From all my contacts with them I can tell you they have a great respect for Naim and do not find themselves in the same ligue.
As far as the PWT is concern, it is not a server and it is not yet available.
Posted on: 07 October 2008 by Eric Barry
However PS Audio are planning both a new higher end DAC which doesn't automatically upsample, and a network "bridge" which will connect the PWT to a server. That system I think will look a lot like NaimNet. It won't be out for a year, I would guess, but that's the direction they are headed. For now they are recommending Mac Mini or Apple TV to dip your feet in distributed audio.