wyclef jean...

Posted by: ken c on 07 April 2001

hi,

up to now i have observed, somewhat bemused, my daughter's near obsession with what she calls "hip-hop" "garage" music -- and other names i cant remember. up to now, just to tease her, i had been calling it "brain damage" music. how wrong i was!!!

today she went and bought wyclef jean's "the ecleftic" and we both listened to it on my system (i protested briefly, but to no avail ...)

well, what can i say. i thoroughly enjoyed this album -- so much so that i was asking her about other albums that this guy has done. i gather there is "carnival", so i might be seen actually buying this myself!!! this stuff sounds so good on a naim system -- and the rap idiom is actually put into the right context. i had heard "911" on radio before, but never the way i heard it today!!! i wonder what this cd will sound like when i finish my active installation???

anyone else a fan please let me know if there is similar, relatively clean material out there?? i have listened to rap stuff on the music channels on satellite tv and didnt see the point of the gratuitous bad language. wycef jean is somewhat different - clean and musical.

looks like my daughter and i have something in common after all!!!

enjoy...

ken

Posted on: 08 April 2001 by ken c
john, many thanks for picking up this thread. have you listened to him on your naim system?? i tell you, its an experience... i am going to get "carnival" and will report what i think of it. its frightening that there is so much good music out there, init?

enjoy...

ken

Posted on: 09 April 2001 by Doug Graham
Ecleftic. What a great album to drive to. Been listening to this one for a while now. seems to have taken up residence in the car CD autochanger.

Later