Whaddeverhappened to MOTW?

Posted by: Rico on 19 February 2001

Are you guys all still recovering from xmas/newyear expenditure, or has this MOTW thread thang died a death?

When I get all my recent purchases sorted/listened to, I'll post some here.... surely we've not let the record industry collapse - I mean come on, they've just scored one over Napster, things were looking so healthy for continued payment of outrageous prices for recorded music... anyone?

"good to be back, good to be back"

Rico - musichead

[This message was edited by Rico on MONDAY 19 February 2001 at 14:20.]

Posted on: 19 February 2001 by Tony L
Wahey, its Rico!

Good holiday?

As for the music of the week thing, Joel has sort of stopped starting it off each week, and I have had loads of computer problems at home, and not been buying that much either. It would seem that Joel and I were the only ones who actualy bought that music stuff!

Go on then, what discs have you bought back from NZ?

Tony.

Posted on: 19 February 2001 by Lee
OK, here are my purchases. Not had much time to listen in depth but first impressions are of quality electronica(aka 'electronic listening music'/'intelligent dance music', irony-free pigeonholes, honest). The Autechre cds are their 2-4th albums and show their evolution from the more ambient debut Incunabula to the more technically complex 'difficult' listening of LP5 and EP7. While are a US band obviously influenced by Autechre and fellow WARP records acts. If you are a fan of electronica be sure to visit the relaunched www.warprecords.com

Autechre: Amber/Tri Repetae/Chiastic Slide (all WARP records)
While: Lock (Chocolate Industries)

cheers
Lee

Posted on: 23 February 2001 by Martin M
I lent my friend a copy of Chris Morris' Jam and just got it back. This not really music as such, but a series of 'amusing' sketches (some straight comedy, some that question what comedy is), backed with various ambient tracks. It really is superb (although I could imagine that it will offend some) and highly recommended.

June Tabor - Aquaba. Talk about morose! However, the songs are finely crafted, beautifully sung and well recorded. Aquaba is pigeon apparently....