Tiscali Broadband...

Posted by: ken c on 15 December 2003

hi,

i signed up for tiscali broadband and got the service going at the beginning of this month. but since last week, i have not been able to connect to tiscali, "remote computer is not answering" error message. i have contacted tiscali support several times now, and have been told that they are conducting some planned maintenance and this would only cause outage of 15 mins a day or so. no matter how many times i explain that my outage is not 15 minutes but 24hours -- i keep getting the same "service will be restorted shortly" rubbish.

anyone else on tiscali "broadband" having the same sorts of problems?? any ideas?

enjoy

ken
Posted on: 15 December 2003 by Mekon
Nope, other than a blip the other morning when I had to reset my router, no problems here. Are they admitting they are responsible?
Posted on: 15 December 2003 by ken c
quote:
Originally posted by Mekon:
Nope, other than a blip the other morning when I had to reset my router, no problems here. Are they admitting they are responsible?

yes, they have asked me to "bear with us"

enjoy

ken
Posted on: 16 December 2003 by Mekon
Have you tried spamming their online reps? I found them to be quite useful when I needed advice on what wireless kit I needed. I wouldn't consider 'bear with us' to be an acceptable response.
Posted on: 16 December 2003 by David Stewart
Ken,
I sometimes get similar error messages on my BTOpenworld service. After rebooting my PC, the problem usually goes away and the connection can be made without difficulty - but I guess you've tried the simple things like this already!

David
Posted on: 16 December 2003 by ken c
quote:
Originally posted by David Stewart:
Ken,
I sometimes get similar error messages on my BTOpenworld service. After rebooting my PC, the problem usually goes away and the connection can be made without difficulty - but I guess you've tried the simple things like this already!

David

i have tried rebooting etc etc... no dice. lucky i still have my aol account, which i almost cancelled last week thinking that i was going to exclusively use tiscali.

mekon, i email their support staff everyday, but i am sure they have some machine responding as they simply repeat the same response -- i.e. "minor outages, please bear with us" no matter how many times i explain that my outage is TOTAL and not minor...

many thanks

enjoy

ken
Posted on: 16 December 2003 by Mekon
Ken

I meant bugging the 'live help' staff. Click on the link at the top of the product page.

Good luck.