itouch remote

Posted by: u5227470736789454 on 09 October 2008

Sorry for asking this here but my macforum question has had no response Roll Eyes
I have set-up my itouch/macbook remote link (thanks for your help) but when I pull up an album on the itouch, I can only play single songs, having to select them one after the other but can't play the whole album through with one "click".
I know several folks on here use this set-up can any of them please help
Thanks a lot
Barrie
Posted on: 09 October 2008 by jon h
I know its not helpful to say "it just works fine here"...

have you got something like randomisation turned on?
Posted on: 09 October 2008 by User34
quote:
Originally posted by baz100:
Sorry for asking this here but my macforum question has had no response Roll Eyes
I have set-up my itouch/macbook remote link (thanks for your help) but when I pull up an album on the itouch, I can only play single songs, having to select them one after the other but can't play the whole album through with one "click".
I know several folks on here use this set-up can any of them please help
Thanks a lot
Barrie

That's odd. Here's how I go about it. Select the remote application on the iPod touch. Select Artists. Select the Artist you want. From the albums within the artist list, select the album. Then select the first song you want to hear.

Works for me.

It's a long way to come, but "Le Studio Hifi" in Versailles near Paris, is a very good , non condesceding dealer. They have a web site, but you'll have to Google for it.

cheers

Peter
Posted on: 09 October 2008 by u5227470736789454
Thanks but still no success, I can get to the album, see the songs and the remote appears in the playlist, but it will only play the song I tap, once that has been played the remote disappears from the playlist
Wierd, and very un apple-like so it must be pilot error - but what ?
Barrie
Posted on: 09 October 2008 by garyi
The remote disappears from the playlist?

To clarify and refresh.

You want a wirless internet connection for the remote to speak with itunes.

In itunes delete the remote you have set up.

Select remote app on the touch and if it still shows you library select info then delete it. Now set it up again by clicking add library.

Itunes will pop up with the ipod touch. Enter the four digit number.

That is it.

If you are experiencing issues after this then I would venture its with itunes itself and not the remote app or ipod touch.
Thanks Gary,
I reset it and I still have the same issue - looks like it is a trip to the local mac store.

There aren't any odd settings in itunes are there ?
Barrie
Try quitting itunes then going to your home folder>library>preferences and deleting the file com.apple.itunes.plist

Re launch itunes and go through the start up screens again and make sure to go to prefs and advanced to point it at your music library if its not in the default location (your itunes music folder in your home music folder)
Posted on: 09 October 2008 by james n
Barrie - if you dont use the iPod remote can you play music normally on the laptop ?

I cant quite see where you are going wrong - following Garys instructions as above is exactly what i do.

James
Hi Gary,

I did all of those things and still no success - (although Itunes still works which is a positive considering I got involved Big Grin )
Thanks anyway
Barrie
Posted on: 09 October 2008 by DeltaSigma
quote:

I have had this "problem" myself and eventually realized that it was caused by my having previously unchecked all the songs on the album. Once I selected and re-checked them, iTunes started automatically playing through the entire album. Selecting and checking all the tracks in your music collection (by switching to the list view option) should allow you to have to select only the first song on any album - iTunes should then play through the remainder without being prompted to do so.

Michael
Holding down the apple key whilst ticking one box will check them all.
Posted on: 10 October 2008 by u5227470736789454
Gentlemen,

As I sit her listening to Abbey Road I raise my glass to you Winker
Thanks for your help, it was ticking the boxes (I knew it had to be pilot error !)
What on earth does that tick do ???
If any of you are in Brussels I owe you a beer or two Big Grin
Thanks agin, what a very nice forum this is and what very nice people you are
Barrie
Posted on: 10 October 2008 by garyi
Ha well Micheal takes the award today.

TBH I don't know how one would end up with no ticks, I have around 13,000 tunes all with ticks.
Posted on: 10 October 2008 by DeltaSigma
Glad to hear that the suggestion worked Smile

Michael
Posted on: 11 October 2008 by u5227470736789454
Well Gary, you know that pilot error I mentioned......... Red Face
Barrie
Posted on: 13 October 2008 by User34
quote:
Thanks for your help, it was ticking the boxes (I knew it had to be pilot error !)
What on earth does that tick do ???

The ticks are used in smart play lists, You can tell sa smartlist to select only checked (ticked) songs. I think it's also an option for syncing an iPod, if the songs are not checked then they are not synced to the iPod.

Peter
Posted on: 25 October 2008 by Keith L
quote:
I have had this "problem" myself and eventually realized that it was caused by my having previously unchecked all the songs on the album. Once I selected and re-checked them, iTunes started automatically playing through the entire album. Selecting and checking all the tracks in your music collection (by switching to the list view option) should allow you to have to select only the first song on any album - iTunes should then play through the remainder without being prompted to do so.

Michael

Here's another thank you from a new iTouch user for sorting out the same problem.

Keith