Plasma Calibration

Posted by: KRO on 31 August 2005

Has anyone had experience of plasma calibration and reccomendations?
Posted on: 31 August 2005 by SimonJ
Not directly, ie. I haven't actually had it done, but I have been reading about it for the past 12 months or so and think I will get mine done very soon.

The Plasma to be calibrated should have preferably had 200 hours of use, so it is bedded in, before being attempted. The plasma will be calibrated in situe with the sources you will normally use, so if you are about to rearrange your room, move house or get a new DVD player, then wait. Also for best results, depending on the quality of your plasmas internal processor, you may be best off, if you havent already got one, getting a scaler setup with your system at the same time.

If you look on AVForums at http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91 at the Plasma and Scaler sections and you'll see various favourable comments. Piers or Gorden are the main people I think on the forum that do ISF calibrations and I think the going rate is around £250. To make things cheaper you can get it done in groups, so as to save on the calibraters traveling costs.