Movie memorabilia.....

Posted by: arf005 on 18 September 2005

Have just been lucky enough to get a second chance purchase of The Dark Lord himself......

First saw these about a year ago when they were going into production, never thought I'd ever get the chance to own one - and I was right 'cos they sold out straight away! Understandable really, but, got an e mail yesterday saying that due to cancelled orders there were some available first come first served basis...... A few mouse clicks later and the order was placed!!
I checked the website tonight and they're all gone......

Looking forward to finding a place for him in our Den, next to the Balrog maybe....

Although saying that Sauron stands 24 inches tall...... Eek Eek

So, anybody else care to share their collection...??

Cheers,
Ali
Posted on: 19 September 2005 by arf005
Here's the rest of the collection.....

....bit of a Lord of the Rings theme going on there.....

....but there's still the chance to buy the 6 foot 2 replica T-800 endoskeleton..... Eek

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=8309

....could come in handy as a coat stand at your front door.....might keep the burglars away too.... Big Grin

Cheers,
Ali
Posted on: 25 September 2005 by neil w
ali

cool link and some great pieces you have there
ill take some photos of mine and post

regards neil
Posted on: 25 September 2005 by arf005
Hello Neil,

Update - the Dark Lord has been shipped......can't wait!!

Thanks for the comment, I kind of think of our Argonath, Gollum, and Minas Tirith as freebies...seeing as they came with the special extended box set edition of the three movies.

Minas Morgul on the other hand I sat up 'till daft o'clock so I could get in early when the gates opened - anyone who did the same will know what I mean!! They were limited edition and I was able to buy using details from the card that came with the RotK and Minas Tirith....if that makes sense...

The Balrog was a complete bonus though as I'd seen it on the web but they were all sold out - until, a few months later, I noticed they had some 'wait list' purchases available - and we ended up being one of the lucky ones!!
....Although my gorgeous other half still wishes they did a cuddly Balrog......somehow I don't see them doing it, but if anyone knows where I can get one - let me know!!

Look forward to your pics Neil.

Cheers,
Ali
Posted on: 25 September 2005 by neil w
try this site
http://www.hlj.com

regards neil
Posted on: 09 October 2005 by arf005
The Dark Lord is here!!

...still no sign of a cuddly Balrog though....

Cheers,
Ali