HDX quickplay -> random play display stops responding

Posted by: Fugl on 02 October 2008

I have been playing on my dealers HDX and found a strange problem.
When i Choose 'quickplay' -> 'Random play' the hdx choses 150 songs and plays through those randomly. At some (random?) point though, something goes wrong and the display on the hdx gets stuck on a songtitle and even if you choose to play something else, the display still shows the wrong song. It seems to happen every time I chose the random play feature. the only solution so far has been to reboot the player... have anyone else seen this? if so.. is there a solution?
/Christian
Posted on: 02 October 2008 by Adam Meredith
Queries on the HDX (when the product is relatively little known to forum members) will usually get a quicker, and more accurate, response if directed to the factory.

However, someone may well notice this and contact you/post a reply.
Posted on: 02 October 2008 by Phil Harris
Hi Fugl,

Adam's reply above, whilst perhaps a little terse and unfriendly sounding, is kind of correct - we spend most of our days squirrelling away trying to make better and better sounding hifi for you and don't get too much opportunity to look up here. :-D

Anyway - the issue you have reported isn't one that we are aware of generally and so I suspect that it is specific to either your machine or your setup ... can you drop me over an email to phil.harris@naimnet.com and then we can try to isolate and identify the issue and sort out a solution for you.

Cheers and hear from you soon...

Phil
Posted on: 02 October 2008 by Adam Meredith
What a nice boy. Said the same thing ...
Posted on: 02 October 2008 by David Dever
I've seen this once with externally-stored files–set the Music Location to Local Server and see if the same problem re-occurs during random play.
Posted on: 03 October 2008 by Claus-Thoegersen
I have a maybe similar problem, when I use the remote to jump to the next track in a playlist sometimes it seems like the HDx do not respond to the command until a few seconds later.
How do you tell the HdX to play randum, can it be done without creating the playlist first? if so I have not found a way to do it from the desktop client.

Claus