New Jeff Beck CD - WOW!!!

Posted by: Colin Lorenson on 08 April 2001

Guys,

On holiday in Canada and a friend plyed me the new Jeff Beck - "You had it coming".

Buy this disk. it's seriously kick-ass. I can't wait to get home and get it on my system. A mixture of heavy metal / sampled hip-hop / Indian influenced music and god knows what else.

buy buy buy

Colin Lorenson

Posted on: 10 April 2001 by Pete
Seen a couple of good reviews of this in the last week on top of this one, so have Ordered Ordered Ordered. "Who Else!" was a good japs as well and comes recommended, and if you haven't got "Guitar Shop" than a Big Mistake Has Been Made.

Listening to JB rip it up these days makes you look at EC and think "Whaaaaaaaaaat is he doing with himself?"

Pete.

Posted on: 10 April 2001 by ken c
ok, ok, colin. shall be done asap. i have, and enjoy "guitar shop", though havent played it for some time. have been mingling with the company of ornette coleman, don cherry and kenny wheeler of late. also my daughter has forced me to listen to wyclef jean, and, surprise surprise -- i liked it. whether this is just to please me or not, she also says she really loves the "mad" jazz on donald cherry's "art deco"...

nuff rambling...

enjoy...

ken

Posted on: 10 April 2001 by Peter Stockwell
He lost me around the time of Blow by blow, I still like Truth.

Listened to some of the New jef beck in a big store, and could only take 5".

Peter

Posted on: 10 April 2001 by Andrew Randle
quote:
Listened to some of the New jef beck in a big store, and could only take 5".

Peter, I think you've been living with the metric French for too long big grin

Andrew

Andrew Randle
2B || !2B;
4 ^ = ?;

Posted on: 10 April 2001 by Peter Stockwell
Andrew,

I feel sure that when I was at scule they taught us that:

• feet = '
  • inches = "
  • minutes = '
  • seconds = "

Or did I fall off the world along the way somewhere ? razz

Peter

Posted on: 16 April 2001 by Bas V
"I wonder if he tours...."

Jeff Beck is dead....

Sorry!

R. Bas

Posted on: 16 April 2001 by Andreas Nystroem
eehhmm if he's dead how come he IS still touring smile
Posted on: 17 April 2001 by Pete
JB is alive and well, and I had his new CD awaiting my return from the hills yesterday. Bit of a scorcher, as has been suggested!

It's Eric Clapton that's dead (or at least might as well be, the stuff he's been putting out the last few years...).

Pete.

Posted on: 17 April 2001 by John C
I think the dead Jeff is Buckley.

John

Oh and for the morbid among you try this
http://www.elvispelvis.com/fullerup.htm

Posted on: 17 April 2001 by Bas V
hahaha, you're right John!

Woohaa, I'm sorry guys....

Greetz, Bas

Posted on: 18 April 2001 by Bas V
So, today I went to listen to this cd. I don't know why, but it only costs UKP 5.50 here!

Anyway, it sounded nice, but it's not my music. I don't know when to play this kind of music.

Just to let you know!

Greetz, Bas

Posted on: 18 April 2001 by Mick P
Chaps

I listened to a few tracks of this on the internet. To be honest I thought it was bloody awful.

Regards

Mick

Posted on: 19 April 2001 by Pete
Mick, it's quite alright and quite understandable not to like screaming noise. But life's so much more fun if you do...

Pete.

Posted on: 19 April 2001 by Mick P
Pete

So life's more fun if you put up with racket

Ok then........have a good time by sitting in the middle of a nursery school full of 3 year olds screaming and wailing.

Regards

Mick

Posted on: 20 April 2001 by Pete
No Mick, life isn't more fun if you just put up with a racket. It's more fun if you actively enjoy it.

Why put up with a load of mere screaming kids when I can cue up THRaKaTTaK and get some much more serious noise from 6 virtuosos with screaming and wailing guitars, basses and drums and a sense of purpose about it?

Pete.