Lemonjelly KY

Posted by: Anna Tooth on 15 March 2001

This will be one of my albums of the year. Beautiful tunes, clever loops and samples and a little tiny bit of humour. I bought it about a month ago and have listened to it over and over. Even the artwork is amazing.

Has anyone else bought this / heard of it / know anything about them?

Anna

Posted on: 15 March 2001 by Andrew Randle
quote:
STOP RECOMMENDING ME THINGS PEOPLE - IT's GETTING EXPENSIVE!!!

Just you wait!

Evil Grin
big grin big grin big grin big grin

Andrew

P.S. There's some samples of Lemonjelly at www.cdnow.com, sounds 'F'.'A'.'B'.

Andrew Randle
2B || !2B;
4 ^ = ?;

[This message was edited by Andrew Randle on FRIDAY 16 March 2001 at 00:39.]

Posted on: 16 March 2001 by John Channing
I bought a copy back in January but Vuk swiped it and smuggled it back to Canada. I think he really likes it and did actually send me 3 CDs in return so it wasn't such a bad deal. A couple of weeks ago I bought another copy and it is certainly a lot of fun, just the kind of thing that I enjoy listening to on my walkman.
John
Posted on: 17 March 2001 by rn
A close friend of mine is a old friend of Nick, who is in LJ. They have a web site www.lemonjelly.ky . They have been around for some time ie "it took them years to be an overnight success".

rn

Posted on: 17 March 2001 by John Channing
In a similar vain the new Orb album Cydonia is very good. It's got some great bass lines, funky beats and plenty of the quirky samples you would expect.
John
Posted on: 18 March 2001 by Andrew L. Weekes
I've ordered this as well, I'll let you know what I think.

The title certainly conjures up some images!

Andy.

Andrew L. Weekes
alweekes@audiophile.com

Posted on: 20 March 2001 by Andrew L. Weekes
Jonathan,

Unless my cover artwork is some kind of 'Magic Eye' picure, I don't have a track listing with mine.

STOP PRESS - Just found it wedged into the sleeve.

Sounds great on first quick scan thru', got a load delivered today so I'v got to make my mind up for tonights listening.

Andy.

Andrew L. Weekes
alweekes@audiophile.com

Posted on: 21 March 2001 by Anna Tooth
Lemonjelly isn't even remotely background music. Isn't it funny how wrong some people can be...?

wink

Posted on: 08 April 2001 by Mike Hanson
I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm thoroughly frustrated with the packaging. It looks cute, but just try to get the CD out of the sleeve. Cripes!!!

Anyway, I'll give it a spin tonight. There were so many rave reviews, I couldn't resist. (Come to think of it, Nelly Furtado got lots of rave reviews too... razz I guess it depends on just how many, and who's giving the reviews wink )

-=> Mike Hanson <=-

Posted on: 09 April 2001 by Mike Hanson
...and I like it. I took it home and played it for my wife and two of her friends. One of them is generally open minded, while the other is known to like most dance music (she was a rave girl in years gone buy), and then there's my pop loving wife.

All of them seemed to enjoy it, although they eventually asked me to take it off because they felt it was too "sleep inducing". The trippy samples (especially the cascading piano in track 8 or 9) was hypnotizing them. It's too bad that some people need a hammering beat to stay awake. smile

Anyway, I'll be listening to this again, as I thought it was quite fun.

-=> Mike Hanson <=-

Posted on: 07 June 2002 by garyi
In a 'two bottles of wine later' mode I have ordered two of these albums from amazon on offer, 17.99. Hope its good, the samples sound nice.
Posted on: 08 June 2002 by Rico
Garyi

KY is a cracking album. It was amongst the best I heard last year. You won't regret it.

Rico - SM/Mullet Audio
Posted on: 10 June 2002 by Pete
Was passing my flatmate's open door t'other day as the strains of "In the Bath" floated out, so I popped my head round the door and asked, "What do you do in the bath?". Not actually being familiar with the music at that point, she was a bit taken aback until I suggested a restart on the track and closer listening...

Pete.
Posted on: 12 June 2002 by Lee
Try www.airside.co.uk it's a trendy London design company that one of the guys from LJ works at. Some great links to examples of their work and some superb ltd edition T-shirt designs (check out the Deadman series!).