Vinyl in the Netherlands

Posted by: Simon Jenkins on 28 February 2001

To all you Dutch people out there. After having recently moved to Utrecht can any of you advise where I can find a good source of new and used Vinyl, either in Utrecht or Amsterdam ?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

Simon

Posted on: 28 February 2001 by Bas V
Hi Simon,

Any fun yet?

I am really not into vinyl, so I don't know any shops. Although, here in Nijmegen I have seen a couple of lp-shops lately... Perhaps you could search on the internet. If I have the time, I'll try finding some this week.

Groeten!

Bas

Posted on: 28 February 2001 by Willem van Gemert
I don't know Utrecht too well, but here are some record shops worth visiting in Amsterdam:

Concerto in the Utrechtse straat. They have second hand CDs and I suppose vinyl as well.
Boudisque near the Central Station, first or second alley to the right when you're at the Damrak. Used to be the place for underground music. In an alley next to Boudisque I saw a "vinly only" shop some time ago, but I don't know if it's still around.
Blue Note behind the New Church on the Dam square is a jazz only shop.
Fame near the Dam square is one of the biggest stores and has a handy computer system where you can see for yourself what is in stock. Their classical section is also not bad.

There used to be a shop called de Nieuwe Muziekhandel in de Leidsestraat with classical music and another shop with "classical only" next to the Heineken brewery, but I don't know if they still exist.

Have fun!

Willem

Posted on: 28 February 2001 by Simon Jenkins
Bas, Willem

Thanks. Have to have a look around. I've found a couple of shops selling vinyl in Utrect but they both only sell dance music, which I dont mind some of but not really my scene.

Starting to have some fun. Only just settled in. Trying to get used to bars being open until 4 in the morning, not at all like the UK !

Simon razz