In case you haven't noticed it yet:

http://naimhdx.com/index.php

Regards,
Michel
Posted on: 18 November 2008 by Claus-Thoegersen
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Klout10:
In case you haven't noticed it yet:

http://naimhdx.com/index.php

When we meaning my dealer and I were searching for a way to get the updates for the HDX we found the site. It seems that updates are oly shipped on cd wich probably not is the best way if updates are frequent wich I am told they have been over the last month.

Claus
Posted on: 18 November 2008 by garyi
According to the FAQ of this site there is a downloads section on the naim website.

With all these new naim website offshoots coming on, I hope they sort out the the main website, which is shall we say, a bit dated.
Posted on: 18 November 2008 by spacey
i was thinking the issue with the screen is its way to small. if it had a remote control with a 3" screen then you could have the facia in your hand problem solved!
Posted on: 18 November 2008 by Paul Stephenson
updates are available via down load perhaps the retailer was not aware at this time. We have several mini sites running at different times to track different campaigns which are running.

Don't you guys know there is a recession on... we have to save up for the new site all of our money is going into new product development and lower margins to make it more affordable for you all Winker
Posted on: 18 November 2008 by u5227470736789454
Be careful - mentioning the screen will bring the wrath of he who will be Naimless. It has already been pointed out to us that as le magazine hi-fi ( Haut Fidelite) says it OK it must be.

Thank God for magazines which can correct our obvious misunderstandings. Roll Eyes

Barrie
Posted on: 18 November 2008 by Paul Stephenson
r-tee serach other threads, there are such remotes available nokia 810 (i think) for example or any device which will support flash.
Posted on: 18 November 2008 by gary1 (US)
or a netbook mini computer
Posted on: 18 November 2008 by u5227470736789454
I must admit I use the iTouch with my mac and it is far nicer for being small and discreet, it's easy to use even whilst sat at the dinner table - I am trying to avoid looking a complete geek by dragging a PC to the table.
Roll on the Mac Flash - erm, if you know what I mean
Barrie
Posted on: 18 November 2008 by John R.
Not much new info on this website Frown I am missing a FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD SECTION!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Stephenson:
r-tee serach other threads, there are such remotes available nokia 810 (i think) for example or any device which will support flash.

yes i understand but a dedicated remote as i discribed would be good if it came standard with the HDX and replicated the right hand side of the facia exactly. to me it would be a realy realy nice touch.
Posted on: 18 November 2008 by m0omo0
quote:
Originally posted by John R.:
Not much new info on this website Frown I am missing a FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD SECTION!!!

http://www.naim-audio.com/download/

Try the "Public Downloads/HDX" section.
Or is it only the Windows client software ?
Posted on: 18 November 2008 by gary1 (US)
Not sure, a bit confusing as I thought that there were no updates available until Jan 2009. I don't even know how you found that website, I didn't know that it existed. What's there for the download doesn't even give a software version number, so i wouldn't know if it's an update from the one I installed or not.

I hope that Naim starts publishing more info for the downloads when available such as "What's new in this software release" and what issues are addressed from the last version.
Posted on: 18 November 2008 by David Dever
quote:
replicated the right hand side of the facia exactly. to me it would be a realy realy nice touch.

That'd be the Nokia.
but not only in function but physically too. like a piece of the front panel was duplicated exactly
Posted on: 23 November 2008 by m0omo0
quote:
Originally posted by gary1 (US):
[...] I don't even know how you found that website, I didn't know that it existed. What's there for the download doesn't even give a software version number, so i wouldn't know if it's an update from the one I installed or not. [...]

Someone from Naim used to link to the PDFs in another posting, so I just had a look at the time...
The .chm file is just a Windows help file about the Naim servers' RS-232/Ethernet protocol. No firmware update, sorry for the confusion.
Posted on: 25 November 2008 by Paul Stephenson
baz seems you only like the sound of your point of view also.
Posted on: 25 November 2008 by u5227470736789454
Now Now Paul, I didn't realise humour wasn't allowed - I seem to see it often enough from the moderators so I thought it was.

I think if you read the part of mail I refer to your response could have been misunderstood as being supercilious, condescending and smug (which I am certain was not what you intended)

It could also have been read that, in your opinion, as Haute Fidelite said the screen was good then all the comments from Naim owners were worth nothing - again I am sure it is a misunderstanding on my part as nobody would actively seek to alienate their customers.

Sorry if my humour missed the mark - my apologies

Barrie