Supernait, Apple TV and an iPod touch: Music Server nirvana!

Posted by: jadip on 28 July 2008

I have just created a wonderful music server using a Supernait, Apple TV and an iPod touch. I have been using the Supernait and Apple TV for a few months, it is terrific! It had one nuisance. In order to operate the Apple TV you had to use a TV or a moniter and in my case that meant you had to switch the TV to the appropriate input. THis meant several remotes, a bit inconvenient. On the weekend I got the newsletter from PS Audio. It discribes how you can use an iPod touch as a remote control, which lets you use your network to operate the Apple TV anywhere and avoid the TV altogether! i now have reached nirvana as far as a music server is concerned!

Here is the weblink to the newsletter which explains how to make it all work!
Posted on: 28 July 2008 by jadip
Here is the weblink I promised:
How to use an iPod touch as a remote control
Posted on: 28 July 2008 by Keith L
You can also use the ipod touch to control the hdx.
Posted on: 29 July 2008 by garyi
How so Keith, I was under the impression it was run by flash which is not support or available in the touch.
Posted on: 29 July 2008 by Adrian F.
C'mon naim! We are in the Web 2.0 age. No need for proprietaere plugins like flash anymore...
Posted on: 29 July 2008 by Keith L
quote:
Hide Post
How so Keith, I was under the impression it was run by flash which is not support or available in the touch.

I stand corrected... I thought it could run from any browser.

Keith
Posted on: 30 July 2008 by Jono 13
On a side note I would like to buy an Apple TV BUT until the USB port can accept an external disk/tuner/other USB devices then I will not.

I know that it will conflict sort of with a Mac Mini positioning if it did do these things, but that's what I want from the ATV! A simple lite media server box that does not fill a cupboard.

Jono