DVD5 supply problems????

Posted by: niceguy235uk on 24 April 2005

i have just taken the plunge and opted to buy a dvd5. so why is my dealer telling me its a 2 week wait? anyone else having the same delay???
Posted on: 24 April 2005 by Adam Meredith
Yes - almost everyone as all equipment is built to order. You may get it in a shorter time.
Posted on: 25 April 2005 by PatG
On that basis, would it not make sense to offer custom options to the equipment if it is all bto?
Posted on: 25 April 2005 by Adam Meredith
NO - custom options invariably turn out to be a complete disaster.
Posted on: 25 April 2005 by Jay
quote:
Originally posted by PatG:
On that basis, would it not make sense to offer custom options to the equipment if it is all bto?

Are we talking doifferent colours and stuff? Like the Rega P3 turnatables? COOL!

Big Grin
Posted on: 25 April 2005 by Tam
Afraid the wait is, as Adam says, because it's built to order, but also well tested before it leaves the factory. Fortunately, it's normally worth the wait Winker
Posted on: 26 April 2005 by Steve2701
A wait of TWO weeks eh.. Blimey, me & a few others waited a teensy bit longer than that, & I for one consider it to be extremely well worth it. If you have demoed one, you already know that it is very well worth waiting 14 days for!!
Posted on: 26 April 2005 by niceguy235uk
Sorry folks but being fairly new to the 'Naim' game i didnt realise the details of supply. hmmm great dealer eh? Still, i know it will be worth the wait, i was just a bit miffed. im used to buying off the shelf gear, not that you could tell eh? Anyway, here's to opening the box.
Posted on: 26 April 2005 by Frank Abela
Heh heh,

Welcome to the world of the high end. The kit's too expensive for the dealer to keep any models in backup in the shop and of course, he'd rather have spent that money on other demo kit to be able to show customers everything that the make has to offer. Add to that the fact that high end kit doesn't rotate much and you soon realise that this way you guarantee getting a machine that's genuinely new, rather than potentially a few months old...