New NaimNet site

Posted by: joe90 on 25 September 2008

Check it out...

http://www.naimnet.com/core/index.php
Posted on: 25 September 2008 by garyi
Thats actually very neat, I hope they consider changing their normal website to something similar.
Posted on: 25 September 2008 by ferenc
Very good. I like it. Elegant, quick and informative.
Posted on: 26 September 2008 by gary1 (US)
Naim USA is migrating to a similar format. I don't know why the don't just combine everything into one website or at least provide links to each other, incl. Naim USA It is one company underlying all of this. I guess you can move to "Naim Audio" if you click the logo.
Posted on: 26 September 2008 by David Dever
quote:
Originally posted by gary1:
Naim USA is migrating to a similar format. I don't know why the don't just combine everything into one website or at least provide links to each other, incl. Naim USA It is one company underlying all of this. I guess you can move to "Naim Audio" if you click the logo.

NOT SO–NaimUSA and NaimNet USA are completely separate enterprises, distinct from Naim Audio Limited.
Posted on: 26 September 2008 by gary1 (US)
Was not aware of that.
Posted on: 26 September 2008 by jon h
Many years ago I asked JV why nana existed as a completely seperate company and was not owned by JV, either as part of Naim Uk or as a seperate JV-owned private holding.

He said (and I paraphrase, it was 15 years ago and I cannot remember it word perfect) that nana had, over many years, proved themselves to be more than capable of running and supportingthe north american market. And that any attempt to replace them would, at best, be just the same people (but with added overhead complexity of remotely owning a company in usa from uk), or would, at worst, be much worse. Neither of which were an attractive proposition to him, hence he was more than happy with the current status quo.
Posted on: 26 September 2008 by u5227470736789439
Thank to Jon and David!

I learn something ever day!

ATB from George.
Posted on: 27 September 2008 by Paul Stephenson
Sorry not correct, Naim wholly owned Nana until 2001 at which point we decided to sell the distribution to Chris west and Chris Koster. Not sure why he would have mis-informed you but he did, its a matter of record/fact if you wish to check.
Posted on: 27 September 2008 by jon h
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Stephenson:
Sorry not correct, Naim wholly owned Nana until 2001 at which point we decided to sell the distribution to Chris west and Chris Koster. Not sure why he would have mis-informed you but he did, its a matter of record/fact if you wish to check.

In that case, Paul, my memory has failed me -- theres no way JV would have misinformed me. Its me getting confused in my old age.
yep must be old age Jon Winkeryou are up and about early!
quote:
yep must be old age Jon Winkeryou are up and about early!

Havent had any coffee yet! This explains a lot... ;-)

(Hmmm wonder if I am older or younger than you... must be younger... haha)
nah I am older 55 in two weeks, I just look younger than you!haha
quote:
nah I am older 55 in two weeks, I just look younger than you!haha

Ooooo bitch :-)

I have more hair. So there. <flounce>