Juice Fasting

Posted by: ErikL on 19 November 2003

The fat-ass xmas bastard thread brought to mind something I've wanted to try for ages- juice fasting.

Has anyone done this? What books are recommended? Does your stool look like a garden hose?

I feel the need to detoxify my cells.
Posted on: 20 November 2003 by Mike Sae
Ludwig you have PM.

(And are about to have some great BM.)

[This message was edited by Mike Sae on THURSDAY 20 November 2003 at 08:18.]
Posted on: 20 November 2003 by ErikL
Tom,

Thanks for the tip. Was there something in particular you didn't like about detoxification?

Mike,

Should I take pics?
Is it true that Green Star/ Green Power, Champion, and Omega make the better juicers, and the names I'm familiar with (Braun, Krups, KitchenAid, Cuisinart) are junk? Some are 80 RPM, some are 8000 RPM (VTEC?). What gives?

Other issues appear to be the $250-450 prices, and that some aren't capable of juicing citrus or grasses. Are 3 varieties of juicers required to do this properly?

What's a poor juicer to do? Confused
PS- This seems like a decent juicer shop.
Posted on: 20 November 2003 by maxwellspeed
Ludwig,
Don't waste your time with those. Here is what you want. Just turn up the Tivoli when you use it.

Juicer Inducer
At that price I could go to Gravity Bar 3x per day for a decade!
And have spare change leftover for some 'tissue'.
Huh???
'tissue' as in 'charmin' as in... Wink
Ooooohhhhhhh!!!
Posted on: 21 November 2003 by Stephen Bennett
I have a fast juicer.

Big Grin

To be as fit & healthy as you can;

Eat less and well. Exercise more. Eat less meat & Dairy. Don't smoke at all (this will help your friends and family too) or drink to excess.

That works every time....no idea why we need food & diet fads. I guess it's the 'instant remedy' culture..

Regards

Stephen
Posted on: 21 November 2003 by Brendan Price
I second Tom's recommendation for Steve Meyerowitz book. I however reckon that juice fasting every now and then is great. The first two days are the hardest getting used to not eating , but after that I felt fantastic. I have fasted for 4 days. Occasionally I fast for a day. The problem is I love my food too much. I've got a Champion juicer. If you can get the chance to fast , and have the discipline, absolutely , - try it .
Brendan