Touch Diva

Posted by: kuma on 16 November 2008

Does anyone know more details on this product?
Touchdiva
Posted on: 16 November 2008 by spacey
looks good and seams like it maybe a very good product.
Posted on: 16 November 2008 by winkyincanada
Not sure what it is. The website doesn't say much.
Posted on: 16 November 2008 by kuma
Yeah.

The site seems like a mere smoke'n'mirror.

I just came acrossed it and see if anyone knew about this.

it sounds like a competing product to the SB.
Posted on: 16 November 2008 by Guido Fawkes
It is supposedly an Internet connectable device with two 125W ICE power (Bang & Olufsen-manufactured) amps inside it. The makers claim to have arrangements with Warner, EMI, Sony-BMG and Universal so, for a monthly subscription, you can play from a library of over 2,000,000 songs. It'll probably cost around $1000. Sounds like a music on demand radio - neat idea: wonder what it sounds like. However unless they have a deal with Probe Plus and Fledg'ling (HMHB and Shirley Collins respectively) then I can't see the demand. Most of my favourite artists are not with the majors.
Posted on: 16 November 2008 by kuma
Ah.. Thanks for the info ROTF,

Yeah.. then forget it. It's like the DMX Music we used to have. ( digital music express via cable )
I never listen to the top 40.

Many of my music is some obscure stuff from small labels or vintage stuff on records.
Posted on: 16 November 2008 by u5227470736789454
I love the wording -

" through fancy touch screen technology" - what is fancytouch screen technology ?

" your music has never looked better" - erm, I think "sounded better" may make me feel a little more confident

But you never know - sorry must go, just got to feed the flying pigs
Barrie
Posted on: 17 November 2008 by kuma
Well, everyone wants a *fancy* interface.
It seems that's the half of the battle with a distributed audio.

quote:
" your music has never looked better" erm, I think "sounded better" may make me feel a little more confident

They know their market. – 'they can't hear any difference anyways. But they can see a better interface easily'.

People are inclined to be fascinated by a *fancy* GUI and convenient operation.
Posted on: 17 November 2008 by u5227470736789454
yes you're probably correct - the target audience may well be more interested in how it looks than how it sounds.

and in my experience "fancy" does not always mean the same as Intuitive or User Friendly

Barrie
quote:
and in my experience "fancy" does not always mean the same as Intuitive or User Friendly

That's true. I've seen some god awful digital camera interface with cheezy confusing icons everywhere.

In my book, fancy means iTouch/Pod like interface.

I don't think I have ever met people who didn't like it and those who own them seem to enjoy using it.
Hi,

I totally agree with you about cameras Confused

But I think the iTouch is the epitomy of elegance rather than fancy, and it works on the KISS system ( keep it simple stupid )it's easy, intuitive and (almost) anyone can just pick it up and use it, I use it as a remote for my Mac.

Now we just need that elegance for the HDX
-sorry couldn't resist Winker
Barrie

Barrie
I'm one of the few who actually like the GUI of the HDX. (operational and functional issues aside ) Smile
excellent reply Big Grin
Posted on: 17 November 2008 by gary1 (US)
It looks good, nice black and green colors. Razz

Jokes aside, I've been using the HDX interface for a few weeks now and I'm the first to say that there are some functional issues that I've experienced. However, my overall impression has been positive. It just needs to be tweaked some and then it will be excellent. I think its gotten alot of bad overstated reaction much worse from the demo users than I have experienced with everyday use.
Posted on: 17 November 2008 by David Dever
From the website:

quote:
Forget about difficult hard drives, PC cabinets, mp3 files, monitors etc....From servers distributed over several continents, you will have access to the biggest collection of records worldwide.

Great–now figure out how you deal with that pesky network connection, especially when the ISPs throttle down your bandwidth–and everyone else's. Can't see the differentiation here between this and BitTorrent / LimeWire et al....