Newcastle

Posted by: Number 5 on 15 December 2003

I will be in Newcastle for a few days in mid January and would appreciate some advice. What are some of the sites that should not be missed and where would I find the best Hi Fi shop?

Thanks
Posted on: 16 December 2003 by Dobbin
Lintone Audio for Hi-Fi - have shop in Gateshead and at the top of Grey Street in Ncle centre.

Good restaurants/bars around the Quayside along with the must visit Baltic Centre if you are into art, (for daytime munchies try a stottie or a saveloy dip if you can find one (everything on)).

Check out the Millenium Bridge (and the view up the Tyne after dark) - listening to the Nice prior to arrival is not obligatory, although you could view Get Carter - some scenes have not changed much, particularly along the river between North Shields (from where I hail) and Byker.

If you have time a visit west to see Hadrian's Wall (at say Housteads Fort) is worth doing. If you can't then a visit to Wallsend (Segedunum) to the museum and facsimile Roman Baths should do for some ancient history.

Don't suppose you'll be able to get tickets for St James' Park though ;-)

Don't wear a coat - a T-shirt is porfectly adequate for aal wethaa like man (all will reveal itself in time! - probably literally in respect of the lasses.)

Oh and have a pint of Ex for me while you are at it, or even a Broon (faalin doon wattor), but make sure you drink it from a half pint glass.

Have fun.
Posted on: 16 December 2003 by Malcolm Davey
Also worth getting the Metro down to Tynemeouth and a trip to the Priory, Collingwood statue.

Newcastle Amber is good also

(grew up in Wallsend)

Enjoy
Posted on: 16 December 2003 by neil w
lintone audio have two shops only one in gateshead high street, good range of gear & lots of 2nd hand naim
the other shop is in the metro center on the outskirts of gateshead , lots of tv's and lifestyle stuff
seven oaks have a shop in newcastle city center ,ok
superfi also have one , avoid it

regards neil

5 miles from ncsle