Itunes Problem?

Posted by: KeanoKing on 05 July 2008

Have just recieved and tested my second IPOD dock connector to DIN connector cable and the left and right channels are reversed again. Now i had a headphone connecor to RCA cable handy and tested that and it's the same. I was using an IPOD classic with a lossless file but somehow the left and right are the wrong way round.......

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Regards

KK
Posted on: 05 July 2008 by David Dever
Too many variables–why not start with an old Beatles record where you know what's supposed to be in each channel...?
Posted on: 05 July 2008 by KeanoKing
I was comparing it to the CD i ripped so i know it's wrong to my CD playback...... CD player connected to same Pre amp
Posted on: 07 July 2008 by garyi
I would be willing to bet that its not itunes or the ipod headphones, or the ipod dock that is the problem.
Posted on: 08 July 2008 by KeanoKing
CDP to preamp is a DIN interconnect.

Er not using Ipod headphones or Ipod dock so what your best bet garyi? Roll Eyes
Posted on: 08 July 2008 by KeanoKing
just compared CDP to TT and the channels are aligned.

So all things are leading to the IPOD. Will try different IPOD!
Posted on: 08 July 2008 by pcstockton
I think all things point to the cable between the dock/Ipod, to the Preamp?

If you are using RCA, and this may be a dumb question, but what not just switch them?

-Patrick
Posted on: 08 July 2008 by james n
Is this on every CD you've ripped ?

The reason i ask is that on some of my ripped files, left and right channels have been reversed when compared to the original CD...

James
Posted on: 09 July 2008 by KeanoKing
pcstockton,

Using DIN cable, not RCA.

james n

Not checked all CD's. Investigation on going!!
Posted on: 09 July 2008 by pcstockton
quote:
Originally posted by KeanoKing:
pcstockton,

Using DIN cable, not RCA.

james n

and what is on the other end, surely not DIN. is it a male mini jack?
Posted on: 10 July 2008 by KeanoKing
it's the docking station connector, not the headphone jack.

Tried other IPOD last night so that rules the IPOD out.

Will try some different software for ripping the CD and try again.....
Posted on: 13 July 2008 by garyi
Keanoking at the top of the thread you said you received you iPod dock, then in reply to me you said you were not using an iPod dock.

Which is it?

If you believe the channels are reversed then its the din end of your connector.

Re ripping will have no effect. Assuming you are using a standard drive in the computer then it will rip correctly. Your problem is in hardware after the dock.
Posted on: 14 July 2008 by KeanoKing
quote:
IPOD dock connector to DIN connector cable

It's a cable as i said. There is no docking station. The cable uses a dock connector at one end and has DIN connector at the other.

As i also said, i have used another cable which uses the headphone jack to RCA, this gave the same result as the DIN connector. So my thinking is it's the software. Perhaps there a glitch? Just fired up ITUNES and there is an update...... Let's see what this may bring.

Sorry if i wasn't clear.

ATB

KK
Posted on: 14 July 2008 by garyi
Although a software glitch cannot be discounted it just seems very very unlikely. Is any track you are listening too something other may know, perhaps we can have a listen?
Posted on: 14 July 2008 by pcstockton
why would you call it a "IPOD Dock Connector" if you are not using a dock???

This is where the confusion lies.

Without doubt it is the "adapter cord".

Who is the mfg of this ipod to din cable?

I would imagine it is simply an issue of swapping the left and right signal leads when they soldered the DIN plug onto this connector.
quote:
Posted Mon 14 July 2008 21:10 Hide Post
why would you call it a "IPOD Dock Connector" if you are not using a dock???

This is where the confusion lies.

Well what else to do you call the connector on the ipod that connects to a docking station. Dock Connector seems quite reasonable and seems pretty common on IPOD forums.

and look it's called a dock connector

My cable is the same connector but with a DIn connector not a USB. All clear now?

Still have the problem though Big Grin
Maybe you should bring this question to the forum you are referring to.

What would I call it??

An "Ipod-to-DIN" cable. as opposed to a "1/8" jack-to-DIN" if using the Ipods earphone jack.
Curious what the difference is between what you have and a "USB 2.0 Sync Cable for iPod"

I ask in all seriousness, because I am thinking about getting an ipod now that I have found out it can play FLACs.
Posted on: 14 July 2008 by garyi
The only way it will play flacs is with hacking. Which takes away the functionality of the ipod and renders it pointless purchasing.
Posted on: 15 July 2008 by pcstockton
Dave,
Can you shed light on the above comment re: IPODS and FLAC?

I suppose it is not a big deal though. I can easily convert anything to WAV before putting on the ipod. But It would be much easier, and more economical space wise if I could FLAC it.

thanks,
Patrick
Posted on: 15 July 2008 by garyi
Why not apple lossless?
Posted on: 16 July 2008 by pcstockton
quote:
Originally posted by garyi:
Why not apple lossless?

Because if I am going to convert FLACs to anything else, it will be WAV.

I DO NOT use a Mac for ripping, nor will I use Itunes for anything. So I have no use for ALAC.
Posted on: 03 August 2008 by KeanoKing
quote:
Originally posted by pcstockton:
Curious what the difference is between what you have and a "USB 2.0 Sync Cable for iPod"

I ask in all seriousness, because I am thinking about getting an ipod now that I have found out it can play FLACs.

This is what i have: Problem now sorted. channels corrected. Have not confirmed fault yet, but the supplier was superb throughout.