26in LCD TVs reccys

Posted by: garyi on 30 May 2005

Guys me Loewe is finally on its last legs.

I have been doin' the web and spotted a couple of LCDs at around the 600 mark.

Both are on dabs one is an ACER which I have seen in the flesh and is HD equipped as well. I am also interested in the LG on there as they make the flat screens as used on Macs so I know they are good.

Anyways, any other thoughts because I am basically ordering one very soon.
Posted on: 30 May 2005 by Geoff P
One of my relatives sells quite good ones! His Pixel Plus trick is supposed to give very good picture resolution.

regards
Geoff P(hillipps)
Posted on: 31 May 2005 by garyi
Geoff I am sure you are right however I went for the Acer in the end.

The right price and it has some stunning online reviews.
Posted on: 08 June 2005 by domfjbrown
Let me know how you get on Gary Smile

I'm interested in LCD, but am keeping a watching brief (my 9 year old Sony (with 1 of those years being on a shop floor!) is still going strong (touch wood!) but the flyback's getting noisy so it could be on the brink of death...)
Posted on: 10 June 2005 by garyi
Dom my conclusion is well worth the money, it is bright good viewing angle and cheap.

Downsides. The remote although attractive is fucking useless, you have to press and press again and press really hard for buttons to work. Further more it will not talk with the cameleon, has no remote IR codes and in general is very frustrating.

Thats it, it does work eventually and I am pleased with everything else.

As usual though you need a superb reception. I got Sky out to check out the picture because I thought it was shit, first thing he said when he arrived was nice telly, good picture! Doh!