The naked rambler - noble crusader for personal freedom?...

Posted by: TomK on 07 November 2003

...or time wasting tit. I confess I think this guy's got a problem. Any thoughts?
Posted on: 07 November 2003 by Steve B
Where has he got to now?

Weird if you ask me. What is he trying to achieve?

Steve B
Posted on: 08 November 2003 by TomK
His latest case was at Dingwall Sheriff court. He was tried in his absence as he refused to put any clothes on. What a waste of time and money this guy's causing.
Posted on: 08 November 2003 by Paul Ranson
Who's doing the time and money wasting?

Simply being naked shouldn't be an offence. I find many things offensive, but their perpetrators don't end up in court.

Paul
Posted on: 08 November 2003 by herm
Wearing clothes is not a bad idea, though. Makes for better sex life, too. I bet the rambling shrimp hasn't gotten laid even once during his peregrinations.

Herman
Posted on: 11 November 2003 by Tarquin Maynard - Portly
If God had intended us to walk around naked we would be born with no clothes on.

Regards

Mike

On the Yellow Brick Road and happy
Posted on: 11 November 2003 by Mick P
If this guy had his way, I would be allowed to roam around totally naked. Do you really want to see such a sight.

We ain't all 22 year old nymphettes.

Regards

Mick
Posted on: 12 November 2003 by Stephen Bennett
I've never understood this British (English?) obsession with thinking nudity=sex=( therfore) wrong. We are all naked underneath.

I applaud the guy for pointing out this sociological stupidity.

Other countries don't have this problem. Even childrens TV in Sweden has nudity in it.

People should be allowed to be naked where and when they want to be. If you don't like it, that is your problem, not theirs!

Smile

Stephen
Posted on: 12 November 2003 by Tim Jones
Stephen -

Wrong! If I am sitting in a restaurant and someone naked sits down next to me (thereby putting me off my meal) this is clearly a problem for him, because it is what I think ethical philosophers call an "other-regarding action".

Whereas if I deliberately choose to sit next to him and then take issue with his nudity I don't have a case. If you see what I mean.

Anyhow can I just remind you that it's Sweden where people blithely come in and have a dump in front of you when you're in the bath. This is what ethical philosophers call "just plain wrong".

I have a lot of respect for the man walking around naked. I have no respect for the illogical jump from his endeavour to the idea that in some way nakedness and 'naturalness' (however defined) is the ideal state for us to live together happily ever after.

Tim
Posted on: 12 November 2003 by TomK
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Bennett:

Other countries don't have this problem. Even childrens TV in Sweden has nudity in it.

That's as may be but they don't walk up and down the high street bollock naked which is what this tosser wants to do.
Posted on: 13 November 2003 by Stephen Bennett
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Jones:
Stephen -

Wrong! If I am sitting in a restaurant and someone naked sits down next to me (thereby putting me off my meal) this is clearly a problem for him, because it is what I think ethical philosophers call an "other-regarding action".

Whereas if I deliberately choose to sit next to him and _then_ take issue with his nudity I don't have a case. If you see what I mean.

Anyhow can I just remind you that it's Sweden where people blithely come in and have a dump in front of you when you're in the bath. This is what ethical philosophers call "just plain wrong".

Tim

There are a lot of things that people sitting next to me in a restaurant may say and do that will put me off my food much more than a naked human being!

As for the Swedes - where on earth did you get that from? I spend a lot of time in Sweden and no-one has ever done that to me or anyone I know.

I still believe that the general reaction to nudity (as demonstrated here) is almost hysterical.

Chill out people

Cool

Stephen
Posted on: 13 November 2003 by JohanR
This gives me an excuse to give a comment from the Swedish horizon on this important subject.

One of the most written abouts in the Swedish tabloid press the last weeks have been "Naked Janne". He's a person in one of the many reality shows called "The Farm" that has been reported to have performed naked in the show. On or off camera I don't know as I haven't seen it. The fact that he has been naked has been such a big issue that his nick name is "Naked Janne" instead of "The Farm Janne" that is the usual norm in these circumstances. By that I mean that the nickname normally is the name of the show, followed by the persons name. Not what the person is doing in the show.

Now I'm going to dump this "everybody goes around in the streets naked and nobody is bothered" on the Danish. As everybody in Sweden knows how things are going on on the Danish beaches! And probably everywhere else.
Or was it Finland...

JohanR
Posted on: 13 November 2003 by Tim Jones
Stephen -

We are all, er, 'chilled'. SOme of us even have a sense of humour.

Tim
Johan

Sara says that Sweden seems to be going down the lines of the UK (privatisation, tabloid sleaze, racial intolerance), so maybe you'll soon be closing your curtains and giggling over topless female teenagers in 'solen' too.

Confused
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Jones:
Stephen -

We are all, er, 'chilled'. SOme of us even have a sense of humour.

Tim

And some of us know how to express that on the Internet.

That's what these little things are for=>>Wink

Regards

Stephen
Posted on: 13 November 2003 by JohanR
quote:
Sara says that Sweden seems to be going down the lines of the UK (privatisation, tabloid sleaze, racial intolerance), so maybe you'll soon be closing your curtains and giggling over topless female teenagers in 'solen' too.

Most probably. It's more than 10 years since I saw any topless girls on the beach. It was much better in the 1970:s, one had to sit up and constantly looking around, otherwise one could miss some naked girls running for the water. Those where the days (everything was controlled by the government and racism didn't exist, officially, it was Sweden, the worlds conscience)!

JohanR
Posted on: 13 November 2003 by TomK
quote:
Originally posted by Alan Scott:

TomK: Get over here right now and marvel. If we must have naked tossers scaring the bejasus out of the citizenry, let's make sure they're Scottish tossers.

It may be unseasonably mild at the moment but it's not that bloody mild! Big Grin
Besides it's a year or two since my body was worthy of parading starkers up and down the Royal Mile!
Posted on: 18 November 2003 by Tim Jones
Stephen -

Some of us even know how to read words without requiring the use of pictures...

That's how people write books. Well, the ones I read, anyhow.

Regards!

Tim
Posted on: 22 November 2003 by Wolf
Well I'd think the season was over for nekkid activity, even here in the mild west coast of the US you'd be freezing and shrinking in a minute with nothing on. I'm all for nekkid beaches or pool parties. However, in town, I'd prefer not to be assaulted by out of shape carcasses. Now toned and defined is another thing. Cool

glenn

Life is analogue