CI Audio VDA•2 24 Bits DAC,...anyone tried it ?

Posted by: Alco on 31 October 2008

Hi guys,

After visiting and posting in the hifi-corner forum, I'll dip my toes into the Distributed Audio forum, for the first time.
(there's a first time for everything Cool )

I was wondering if someone has any experience with the CI Audio VDA-2 DAC, together with (preferably)an SB3 and Naim amplification.

Recently I upgraded from the wallmart PSU that comes with the SB3 to a dedicated PSU for the SB3, from CI Audio.

It was quite an interesting upgrade for relative modest outlay.
(ok, the PSU costs about the same as the SB3 itself, but still....peanuts money compared to quality CD-players, like the ones from Naim)

Now, I'm tempted to try the CI Audio Dac, but just wondering if there are people that have already some experience with this DAC, of have compared it to other populair brands, like the Lavry, Beresford or Benchmark.

There's a raving review of the CI Audio DAC

regards,
Alco
Posted on: 31 October 2008 by james n
How much are you looking to spend Alco ?

You've got the Beresford and Lavry units (the Lavry in particular being very Naim like in its presentation). Another which gets good reviews (though i've not heard it myself) is the Moodlab Concept DAC - a very simple NOS design.

James
Posted on: 31 October 2008 by Alco
quote:
How much are you looking to spend Alco ?

Well, somewhere in between € 500,- en € 900,-
(the CI Audio DAC + PSU costs around € 750,- )

With the CI Audio DAC I have the advantage that I can order it online, and it comes with a 30-days money back, if not satisfied garantee.

Alco