Phono with Stageline on AV2

Posted by: mrei on 06 May 2005

Hello I have an AV2. After some tests, I consider to sell my NAC 112 and use only the AV2 as my preamp also for Stereo. (Perhaps, I will go back to a real Stereo system, in when I have some money again to afford a NAC 202 or 282 ;-))
But for the Moment with only an AV2 (+2*NAP150, 1*CD5 with FlatcapII, +*NAT05 and LP12 with Stageline) I have the Question how to connect the LP12/Stageline to the AV2. Since the seconde Power-Out of the FlatcapII is no more used for the NAC112, I am wondering, if I can use this seconde Power-Out to connect the Stageline, and how has the stageline be connected to the AV2?
Doe's anyone has allready connected a stageline to the AV2? Some proposel, how to do it, would be very aprechiated. Thank you very much for your comments. Best Regards Michael
Posted on: 06 May 2005 by Jay
quote:
Originally posted by mrei:
Since the seconde Power-Out of the FlatcapII is no more used for the NAC112, I am wondering, if I can use this seconde Power-Out to connect the Stageline

Yes, definitely.

quote:
and how has the stageline be connected to the AV2?

The stageline has a pair of RCA terminals on the back which can connected straight up to the any RCA inputs on the rear of the AV2.

Check out the Naim connection guide on the site

Naim manuals

You're looking for "Connections Guide".

Jay
Posted on: 06 May 2005 by Manu
No, sorry RCA socket are the inputs, to plug in the turntable.

Mrei,
You will need a din4 to din5 (180 degre) cable, Naim can supply it. As Jay said, check the user manual : connection with a Flatcap.
You will use input An1,2 or 3 on the AV2.
quote:
Originally posted by Manu:
No, sorry RCA socket are the inputs, to plug in the turntable.

Mrei,
You will need a din4 to din5 (180 degre) cable, Naim can supply it. As Jay said, check the user manual : connection with a Flatcap.
You will use input An1,2 or 3 on the AV2.

Oops, thx Manu.

One out of two ain't bad Red Face
Posted on: 06 May 2005 by Adam Meredith
Splendid forum self-correction.
quote:
Originally posted by Adam Meredith:

We'll put you out of a job mate...
Posted on: 06 May 2005 by Steve O
More chance you'll be out of a forum....
Posted on: 07 May 2005 by Adam Meredith
Posted on: 07 May 2005 by Jay
quote:
Originally posted by Adam Meredith:

We are but pawns in your grand experiment.

Steve - stop encouraging him! How are we ever going to win if we're not united against the "Man". Razz
Posted on: 16 May 2005 by mrei
Hello JAY and MANU
Thank you very much for your answers. If I follow the proposal from the connection manual Pages 7 and 24, I have to use the Output Nr.5 (22V 0,1A)of the Flatcap2 to power the stageline and the Output Nr.6 to get the Stereosignal to the AV2.
Since I do sell the NAC 112, the Output Nr.1(24V 0,2A) and the Output Nr.2 is no more used.
So far so well, but since I still have also an CD5 which is allready using the Output Nr.5 (22V 0,1A), the question is now, if it is allowed to connect the CD5 on the Output Nr.1 (24V 0,2A) instead of Output Nr.5 (22V 0,1A), so that the Output Nr.5 (22V 0,1A) will be free for the stageline.
What do you think is there a matter If the CD5 or the Stageline is powerd by (24V 0,2A) instead of (22V 0,1A)? I have tried to connect the CD5 to the Output Nr. 1 instead of Nr.5. It works well, but I am not sure, if it would be unhealthy for the CD5 to do so for a long time.
What do you think? Your answer is very well apprechiated. Thanks a lot.
Posted on: 17 May 2005 by David Dever
You should use Output 1 on the FLATCAP2 for the Stageline, and use Output 5 for the CD5.

You'll then connect the required DIN 4-5 cable from Output 2 on the FLATCAP2 to a DIN input on the AV2 (whatever is available).

If you are using a multichannel analog input source on the VIPS inputs (INPUTs 1 & 2 on the AV2), your cabling requirements will change.